X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Raid Wrong House, Knee Man In Groin

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070608/D8PKA7JO0.html

Owww.

Personally, I would sue or something. Yeah, everybody makes mistakes, but looking at it from the family's POV, I would have been scared outta my mind and probably traumatized somehow. I mean, I'm cooking a nice dinner and these cops just bust in and kick my hubby in the jewels?! I would have run too. And I'd be expecting a lot more than "oh, we're sorry ma'am!" Dunno what, but . . . a lot more.

Last edited by kerrisan; 06-09-2007, 12:42 AM.
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

"Close but no doughnut, cops!"
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

When I saw the title of this thread, I was hoping it was some kind of horrible coincidence and that the whole debacle didn't make national news.

I'm blushing because this hits VERY closes to home and I have to bite my tongue here.....I'll get myself in trouble if I say anything. Sorry.
      "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

It's going to rain lawyers on those cops.

Comment

Oh I bet the landlord is just PISSED.

And to think, all that trouble, and the right apartment was EMPTY.

Next time, make sure you have the right apartment before you go knocking down a door and kicking the wrong man in the groin. By the way, since when was kicking a man in the groin part of "police tactic"?
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            By the way, since when was kicking a man in the groin part of "police tactic"?
            It's about the quickest non lethal way to stop a man dead in his tracks, 'scuse the pun. Probably not a trained tactic, but perfectly valid when used appropriately.
            ludo ergo sum

Comment

Yes but for a police officer? Perhaps it's more tactful for them to grab them by the arms and hold them back instead of running up and giving him a kick in the jimmy.

I hope those cops get sued. That's stupid. Know screwed that address up? That idiot should be fired.

That's not just a mistake that's a BIG mistake.

Comment

The reason the Annapolis police haven't apologized yet is for legal purposes. I'll keep you guys updated...
                "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

I doubt that I would have run, my husband works at night, so it is just me and the kids. I would probably have gone into mother bear mode. They would have had to restrain me physicaly. They would have remembered me that night, but then, you never know what you would do, until that moment happens.
                  Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

That's not just a mistake that's a BIG mistake.
                    It's also not an uncommon mistake.
                    Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Comment

All I have to say is I hope there is some way of at least getting those jerkweeds to apologize for at the very least kneeing the guy in the groin! If not that, then apologizing for humiliating these people. I'm sure the whole neighborhood saw and heard it. And they better pay for any damages as well. It was the wrong place! To say that they were just doing their job is bullshit.

Make sure you have the right place before you go breaking down the wrong door and kicking the wrong man in the groin. Wait, don't kick him in the groin at all. That's a cheap shot. Police officers are better trained than to use cheap tactics like that.

I for one could not afford to have my door bursted down and have myself be tackled to the ground only to hear the cops go "Woopsie wrong place!"

Comment

Quoth Giggle Goose View Post
                        The reason the Annapolis police haven't apologized yet is for legal purposes. I'll keep you guys updated...
                        All I can say is... wow. Coincidence?
                        3 Basic rules for ordering food.
                        - Order from the menu.
                        - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
                        - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

Quoth Sir Spaniard the 12th View Post
                          All I can say is... wow. Coincidence?
                          Probably not. When you get in an auto accident, you're not supposed to say "I'm sorry", "it's my fault" or anything like that. It's basically an admission of guilt that can be used against you in a lawsuit.

That's probably why no apology is being given, and it's really sleazy being as the cops are the ones who screwed up.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                          X