This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    You shouldn't argue with mentally handicapped people or mentally ill people, because yeah, that can veer into the the "attacking the defenseless" area. But the idea that you shouldn't argue with someone because she is a woman is one I don't understand.
    I doubt you'd think that if you lived in tha land of, "This white thing on the wall.... They call it a smoke detector, but I think it's a kitchen timer. I'm going to cook at 3AM."

Comment

Hey, you know my ex. Her recipes all ended with, "Bake in oven set at steel-melting until the timer in the living room goes off." I swear, she treated me like a god. Everything she set before me was a bloody sacrfice or a burnt offering.

Comment

Quoth Starlord View Post
        I swear, she treated me like a god. Everything she set before me was a bloody sacrifice or a burnt offering.
        I like that expression!
        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Starlord View Post
          Hey, you know my ex. Her recipes all ended with, "Bake in oven set at steel-melting until the timer in the living room goes off." I swear, she treated me like a god. Everything she set before me was a bloody sacrfice or a burnt offering.
          Wow. I can't cook, really, but at least I'm not that bad.

I used to have a friend who "exploded" spaghetti. They found some stuck to the ceiling above the back cabinets when they moved out of that house years later.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            Wow. I can't cook, really, but at least I'm not that bad.

I used to have a friend who "exploded" spaghetti. They found some stuck to the ceiling above the back cabinets when they moved out of that house years later.

^-.-^
            Pfft. My old roommate beat that cold. He burned water. Yep. He was boiling water to make some noodles, and walked out of the kitchen, and about 5 minutes later the smoke detector went off. (Yes, I realize it was likely something spilled on the burner eariler, but would YOU let him off that easy?) He also one day set his pop tarts on fire in the toaster, leading to the utterance of the best two phrases ever.
            Ex-friend leans back in chair: Hey X, your pop tarts are on fire!
            Followed closely by: I don't know what's worse, that I killed my toaster or what I was about to eat burns green.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              He also one day set his pop tarts on fire in the toaster, leading to the utterance of the best two phrases ever.
              Ex-friend leans back in chair: Hey X, your pop tarts are on fire!
              Followed closely by: I don't know what's worse, that I killed my toaster or what I was about to eat burns green.
              Were they strawberry?

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
                Were they strawberry?
                That's cool! But I don't remember what flavour they were. It was a few years ago.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Pfft. My old roommate beat that cold. He burned water. Yep. He was boiling water to make some noodles, and walked out of the kitchen, and about 5 minutes later the smoke detector went off. (Yes, I realize it was likely something spilled on the burner eariler, but would YOU let him off that easy?)
                  Nope. He's not worse than she was. She actually destroyed two separate sauce pans by forgetting about the water she had left boiling. She managed to set one of the pans on fire! Needless to say, the stove needed some serious repair work, too.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

what I was about to eat burns green.
                    Do you remember the shade of green? It could have been one of three things according to a quick google: Copper sulphate, barium, or borax.
                    http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/29478

Comment

Quoth Starlord View Post
                      Hehe.... But did she do it at 3AM in an apartment complex?

Our system goes off in stages, Martha Stewart sets off her own apartment first.... Now, assuming it's just food or something.... You OPEN WINDOWS AND TURN ON EXHAUST FAN. Nope, these Einstines open the front door and let it trip the sensor in the hall, setting the building off. Now, this building is filled with the physically and mentally diabled, some are unable to get out of beds and stuff on their own. This is NOT a group home, and most don't have a live in PA. So most people in this building just blow off the thing now.

Comment

Working...
                      X