This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl Cries When Given Lexus

And not for the reason you would expect.

http://www.planetvids.com/html/Brat-...ven-Lexus.html

The stupid spoiled brat got pissed off at her mom for giving her a car on a day other than the day of her birthday party. No "thanks Mom!", no "ohh, you didn't have to do that!" Instead a "Mom, you ruined my life! What were you thinking?! I hate you!" How ungrateful!

If that had been my child, she wouldn't have gotten a car period, ever. She would be on her own for purchasing a vehicle. And she would have gotten her party. She would just have to explain to her friends why she doesn't have a car and tell them how big of a brat she is.

Wow. Only on MTV.

I'm glad at least her friends (at least that one kid) understood how unreasonable and bratty she was being.
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

I hate, hate, HATE that commercial. I agree, if she were my daughter she sure as hell wouldn't be getting a car from me after that. Throwing a hissy fit and acting like a spoiled brat is not cute no matter what your age.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

And to think, in high school, I was glad my dad let me borrow his near-10 year old Saturn sometimes. I must have been raised right, or something, that I didn't expect a brand new luxury car for my 16th birthday.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
        I didn't expect a brand new luxury car for my 16th birthday.
        She wasn't even 16 yet; just 15. Seriously. That kid has some messed up priorities.
        ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Ugh. What a spoiled bitch. Sorry, but I have *no* tolerance for people like that.

Let me tell you what I got when I turned 16. Nothing! Not even a freaking bus pass. Dad needed the car to get to work, so I had no choice but to walk. However, once he started working downtown, he took the bus...and I "inherited" his car. And no, it was *not* in pristine order.

His '87 Tempo was a total POS, mainly because he didn't believe in regular maintenance. Most of the family cars during that time were shit. From a distance, it didn't look too bad. However, on closer inspection, you could see the rust, tape holding the seats together. Oh, and the driver's door would sometimes fly open if you hit the brakes But, at least it ran enough to get to school and my part-time job. Well, until the engine blew up and someone hit it a few months later...
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Oh, in addition to my little note above, I should mention that my high school was in/near a wealthy area. My family is pretty well off, but not rich, and I still got to use a hand-me-down car when it wasn't needed, to help teach me how to earn things, as well as responsibility.

Granted, in the parking lot at school, the cars of students were beemers, Lexuses (Lexi?), and other luxury cars, while the teachers and some of the rest of us drove little POS cars and were grateful for them\

My brother actually knew a girl who, within a few weeks of getting a Lexus for her birthday, crashed it into a tree. Her daddy's reaction? Bought her a brand new VW Cabrio to replace it. Seriously.
            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Wow, you guys were given cars? I had to buy one all on my own. My mom will contribute to repairs usually, but when my catalytic converter broke a couple months ago, it came out of one of my checking accounts of money I saved from last summer. I had one friend who got a BMW for her 17th b-day and didn't like it so she traded it in for a Mercedes-Benz. Another friend of mine, whenever someone turns 17, they get a freaking brand new Jaguar. I have friends who don't pay anything towards insurance. I have friends who don't even pay for freaking gasoline!
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I was thrilled when I got my mom's 6 year old car that had 80,000 miles on it with no speed control, automatic anything when I went to college. Instead of trading her car so she could get a better deal on her new car she gave it to me. It is 10 years old now but it runs and I love it. I loved the fact that she let me have it instead of trading it in. That was cool of her since she did not have to and could have told me to buy my own car. Its now my baby

Comment

That bitch needs to get cancer...

Now, I'm not trying to be offensive, but that little brat needs to contract a terminal illness and DIE.

I cannot STAND the 'Princess' shit. It's beyond comprehension... I have watched a few episodes of My Super Sweet Sixteen (don't ask me why, I don't know either), and I want all of the entitled little bitches to just freaking stop existing. The faster we get rid of this mentality of Princess, the faster we will weed out the worthless people.

The only thing I could hate more than the kids? The Parents... Seriously, THEY'RE the ones that are molding this child into a bitch... I understand the mentality, you're rich, or at least very well off, and you want to dote on your child. Thats okay! A better life for your kid is all a parent ever wants.

But teach some freaking humility! Teach them that they're not ENTITLED to whatever the hell they want, and sometimes they have to be grateful, and or, earn what they get!

I can only hope alot of these bitches ger cut off at 18 and realize what REAL life is.
                  "How bloody difficult is it to take care of a DVD?"
                  ~Me after any time I look at the back of a disc~

Comment

This is why I weep for such beautiful cars given to complete idiots like her.

Comment

I would cry if I were given a Lexus too...but it would go more along the lines of:

Me *weeping* "Omg, Mom, this...I...it's too much! I can't accept this!"
                      Mom "No, no, dear, I want you to have it"
                      Me "Mom, you're best! I promise I'll take the best care of it ever!"

Mind you, I'd probably insist she take it back...I can't drive a Lexus! I'm too irresponsible!

I got a second hand Corsa when I was 19. I cried when I got that too I still have it 8 years later!

People like her need to live with the larger, poorer demographic so they realise just how bloody good they have it.
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Well, you know, I can't feel too sorry for Mom. She is the sort of mom that would buy her 15 year old a brand new Lexus. When you are that sort of mom, then this is pretty much the type of kid you can expect to have.

She volunteered for this. Maybe she'll learn that money does not buy class and graciousness and love. But I doubt it.

Comment

The parents of this girl have nearly destroyed their daughter's chance at happiness. Her whole life will be about getting more material things, and it will never be enough. She will never be satisfied.

This girl was miserable when she got that Lexus. I remember the day my dad threw the keys of a 15 year old beat up Camaro at me. It was the single happiness memory of my teenage years.

What would have to happen to this girl to put her over the moon with joy? I'm willing to bet its never happened to her. Can you imagine never having had a moment of joy? We should feel sorry for her.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Good Lord and Lady!!!! I remember MY first vehicle... I found a 1987 Dodge cargo van... in 2000! I was 20 years old. It had holes in the floorboard, through which I could see the road. It would stall every time that it stopped. The brakes barely worked. There was NO A/C or heater. It would only get up to 40 mph... going downhill... with a stiff tailwind. No radio, only one of the back seats, an almost rusted through top, grey primer on the doors...

It cost me $200 and I paid for it myself. I loved that van. It was the Gypsy-mobile. Unfortunately it died a horrible flaming death about 6 months after I bought it.... but it was still the best $200 I ever spent. And the insurance on it was practically nothing! heh

I have NEVER had a new vehicle. Ever. I've had 2 cars since the Gypsy-mobile... a 1992 Taurus... that cost me another $200... but it was a decent car... and a 1997 Ford Areostar van that cost me $3000. The '97's the best vehicle I've ever owned! It gets me and my heathen children where we need to be. It's cheap on the gas. It has A/C. It loooooves to go 80 mph... and will happily get up to 95 if I'm not careful.

What do all three vehicles have in common?
                            1) NOT NEW!
                            2) Economy vehicle!
                            3) PAID FOR BY ME!!

My mother (and step-mother/father/step-father) would NEVER buy a car for me. Much less a brand new one that's a luxury vehicle.... And my kids will be lucky if they get a hand-me-down vehicle at all.

I might save the Aerostar for my oldest... maybe. But by the time she can drive it... it'll be a nearly 20 year old vehicle!

It's that whole "earn the shit you want" thing that was instilled in me at an early age.
                            hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
                            1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
                            2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
                            3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

My first car was a '94 Mercury Sable whose speedometer didn't work. I drove it for a couple of years until my dad decided it was far too unsafe for me and sold me his 2002 Malibu for $1. Holy crap, I know how lucky I am. Now my poor dad is driving my old Sable around because he wrecked his shiny new truck and isn't motivated enough to buy another one. *LOL*

Comment

Working...
                              X