X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempted terrorist attacks in the UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

Apparently the UK is on Critical terror alert which indicates terrorist attacks are imminent. It is the highest possible level and was also in place after the 7 July 2005 suicide bomb attacks on London.

Glad I'm not a flight attendant anymore

Thank God no-one was killed.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

I'm also glad these attempted attacks were failures.

CNN's Christiane Amanpour, in my opinion, hit the nail on the head with her terming this, the 2005 attacks and several others "al-Qaedaism." There is no central direction or control anymore from OBL (IMHO he's dead or seriously ill, as there has been no videos or tapes featuring him in years,) there is ideology disseminated through the internet etc. and varying levels of "wannabes." These attempts were meant to affect your new government over there under new PM Brown. Blair lost due to Iraq, and if these attacks had succeeded, there would have been overwhelming cries for your soldiers to be brought home.
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Unfortunately, they were successful in Scotland.
      I don't believe there was loss of life, but they did get a flaming van into the airport.
      I just saw it on the news.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe...ert/index.html
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

yeah that makes me feel just great.... im flying home in less than a month!

Im so happy no one was hurt, I hope these people realise that violence is not going to solve anyones problems!
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
          I hope these people realise that violence is not going to solve anyones problems!
          Violence will only create problems...for the perpetrators. If they honestly think the UK will lie down and let the villains walk all over them, they'd better think again.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I remember from the 1996 Canary Warf bomb a newspiece where the stopped an older gentleman on the street to ask his opinion - "We've been bombed by a better class of bastard and won."
            ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
              I don't believe there was loss of life, but they did get a flaming van into the airport.
              They were only succesful in causing disruption. They failed to get the car into the airport terminal, instead apparently getting the burning car caught on an advertising sign. They failed to get the gas canisters in the car to detonate. The result - smoke damage to the terminal building, and Glasgow airport closed for a limited period of time (it is open now).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6257194.stm
              Last edited by Ree; 07-02-2007, 09:34 PM.
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

The biggest worry I personally have is the fear of this country taking the whole security thing too far and DE-volving into a type of military-style police state like Argentina did back in the 70's. That's my number one fear, NOT the terrorists. YOU are your own worst enemy.

Comment

Working...
                X