This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSA Mythbuster - first installment

The TSA just added this to their site - I think it will become my favorite feature if they update it often.
    This makes me wish that other people could have this at their jobs, but they show the incident report and the footage of what really happened (no audio) and let people decide for themselves if the tale is true.
    This lady actually also pulled the "don't you know who I am?" card - extra bonus, while kicking up a fuss she let her baby wander away in the crowd.

http://www.tsa.gov/approach/mythbust..._incident.shtm

I'm hoping against hope that I never see one of my clients on there.

Awesome. I work in Airports, so that made me smile.

You would think people would behave themselves in airports nowadays (post 9/11). But, they don't...it is the opposite actually.
    If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
    www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

I love it! I wish I could to that with some of my clients...

Comment

All right I got too bored to watch the whole thing. With no sound I couldn't really figure out what was going on. Besides the fact that they stopped a woman with a child. Why? Does something happen? I'm running on two hours of sleep, makes me get confused easily :smile:

Comment

Basically, she's Secret Service and tried to pull the "Do You Know Who I AM?!" card on the TSA people when they told her she couldn't take her bottle of water on board and had to empty her baby's sippy-cup, thanks to the new restrictions. She then poured the juice out onto the floor right there at the security check.

I happen to think those bottle-size restriction things are bullsh*t, since there's no way any type of beverage, etc, comes in a container that small, which means you can't take your own beverages past security, but the law is the law, and you don't have to agree, you just have to obey.
          Last edited by JustADude; 07-04-2007, 07:58 AM.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I happen to think those bottle-size restriction things are bullsh*t, since there's no way any type of beverage, etc, comes in a container that small, which means you can't take your own beverages past security, but the law is the law, and you don't have to agree, you just have to obey.
            That's why I wont fly. It goes back to being forced to give up freedom and liberty for PERCEIVED "safety and security". You willing to do that? I'm not. But that's another debate that I suppose should be continued on fratching.

Comment

I was clicking on the site, when guess what came on the TV?

"The Travelocity Roaming Gnome: Denouncer Of Travel Myths!"
              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

I have a letter from my doctor stating that I must have water with me on the flight but the airport Im flying out of sells water past security so Im hoping I can buy it after I clear the checkpoint. (Im flying out of vancouver and sanfran)If they wont let me take water I wont die, I will just be in a lot of pain but my doc has provided me with a sedative just in case so I can sleep 10 of the 12 hours for the second flight. However if they say no water I wont throw a tantrum like a 2 year old who hasnt gotten their way! I am an adult, I deal with crappy things in a calm manner (usually).

But jesus all of this over a sippy cup! This is the kind of person the secret service has working for them? I would be very very afraid to be an American after seeing that!!!

There are people who need items for medical reasons (insulin, heart pills) they the important ones!!!! Not some snotty bitch who is to cheap to purchase water on the plane!
                Last edited by Kiwi; 07-04-2007, 05:56 PM.
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Kiwi - you can take water purchased past sercurity on board so you should be fine. (double check with your airline the day before you go)
                  Right after the liquid/gel rule went into effect I actually had clients cancel their trips because they couldn't bring makeup on board. How vain is that?!
                  The first day they were banning water bras and silicone prothesis breasts. That lasted less than a day. Obviously no one thought of the women that need them because of cancer surgery so they took that off the list right quick.

Comment

What, did they think someone was going to try and hijack a plane using a prosthetic boob as a weapon?

Yes, water/etc purchased in the gate area should be fine. I've had no problem with lip balm, AFAIK as long as makeup is of the allowed size and in a ziplock bag it's fine (at ABQ there's a sign "clear zip-close bags offered for your convenience"...I'm waiting for them to come out with "Official TSA Branded SafeClose Bags")

Over the December holidays at Logan, I saw a woman with a briefcase-sized toiletry bag spread out on the table at security, and arguing with the screener about everything. Among other items she had a full-sized tube of toothpaste and "economy size" jug of shampoo. That's why travel sizes exist...

Do I agree with the liquid restrictions? Not particularly, as it's been shown that a liquid explosive of the type and method envisioned is not feasible. Do I complain about them? Not when I know that doing so could make me and hundreds of other people late for flights.
                    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 07-05-2007, 01:56 PM.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                      What, did they think someone was going to try and hijack a plane using a prosthetic boob as a weapon?
                      A non-lethal weapon, I reckon - capable of stunning 90% of males within sight.

Rapscallion, working from experience

Comment

Working...
                      X