This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airline CEO's

I know the members of CS are web savy enough to be familiar with Snopes, so I'm sure most of you have seen this before, but I'd still like to link it because it's nice to see CEO's that care about their employees. Yes, the myth referenced is false, but keep reading for some great stories, including my personal favorite:

Quoth Reader's Digest
    While Southwest Airlines CEO Herb Kelleher gives customers a terrific deal on an airplane seat, he makes it clear that his employees come first - even if it means dismissing customers. But aren't customers always right? "No, they are not," Kelleher snaps. "And I think that's one of the biggest betrayals of employees a boss can possibly commit. The customer is sometimes wrong. We don't carry those sorts of customers. We write to them and say, 'Fly somebody else. Don't abuse our people."

http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/bethune.asp
    Last edited by lumlite; 07-06-2007, 10:23 PM. Reason: SC brain infection.

Quoth lumlite View Post
    I know the members of CS are web savy enough to be familiar with Snopes, so I'm sure most of you have seen this before, but I'd still like to link it because it's nice to see CEO's that care about their employees. Yes, the myth referenced is false, but keep reading for some great stories, including my personal favorite:
    I flew Southwest once when I was younger. The airplane ladies were nice, I got peanuts, and I enjoyed looking out the window.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I love the last one: "Dear Mrs. Crabapple, We will miss you, Love Herb." Just beautiful. Why can't all superiors be like that?
      It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
      ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
      X