X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Interesting Rant on "the Race Card"

-- from a black man, no less.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2007/ju...ck_not_excuse/

Beautifully reasoned. Which is why most SC's will ignore it.

*sigh*

Bravo. Nicely stated.
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I see that shit every day.

"You're not helping me because I'm black"

No, I can't help you because your phone went for a swim.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

We have the same joke with one of my friends (disclosure: I am whiter than an albino polar bear); he is very dark-skinned (of Haitian descent) but the majority of our little work gang is white. We always joke that whatever happens is because he's black (even if it makes no sense). I'm not sure how exactly but it started between him and another of my friends, who he, in turn, calls a dirty Jew. All in good fun, of course. (Frankly I wasn't totally comfortable with it in the beginning, but I have been known to say "it's because you're black." I will not, however, call my other friend a dirty Jew.)
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          We have the same joke with one of my friends (disclosure: I am whiter than an albino polar bear); he is very dark-skinned (of Haitian descent) but the majority of our little work gang is white. We always joke that whatever happens is because he's black (even if it makes no sense).
          We do the same thing with one of our co-workers, but he's Jamaican. The look on his face sometimes is hilarious because it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. "Oh, that customer forgot to give you their lock code because you're a pot smoking Jamacian".

The best is that now some of the phones come in colors, somce come in black. So, whenever he requests a black colored phone "Why does everything have to be black with you? What's wrong with the white phone?".

Thank god that there are some people out there whom we can joke about things like that with.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
          X