Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toddler & Mom kicked off plane ... Justified?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toddler & Mom kicked off plane ... Justified?

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=5472927

If the kid wasn't louder than the othe passengers & wasn't throwing a fit, I say they should have been allowed to stay on the plane.

It certainly sounds unreasonable given that side of the story. My main concern is that we don't really have anything other than one side of the story. I just wish we could have the view of another passenger on the flight instead of a non-commital response from the airline.

Rapscallion

Comment

It seems the police and other's didn't see anything wrong. I'd like to read more before I decide but I think ~perhaps~ the Flight Attendant was a bitch.
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
      HellGate: London

Comment

Just because the toddler kept repeating himself? That's bogus. Granted this is only a one point of view story so far.......I think the airline staff is just retarded to say the least.

They kick off a mother and child for repeating himself....

Yet 2 years ago on a flight back to Minneapolis from Seattle, some Yuppie piece of shit woman stuck her 3 "angels" in coach and they ended up right in front of my mother, brother and myself. Those 3, who were probably all between ages 2-5, kept jumping up and down, kicking the seats in front of them, reclining ALL the way back onto all of our laps and screaming/singing the whole god damn flight. Those brats were never kicked off the plane and their mother was never called to come get them! She only made an appearance once we landed, screaming that "coach is so dirty!".

Little did that Yuppie bitch know that her children had caused a huge disturbance the entire flight, I couldn't sleep, and we all kept having to kick the back of her kids' seats so that they'd stop reclining all the way back onto our laps. And the flight attendants didn't do anything about those brats.

Weird.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          Little did that Yuppie bitch know that her children had caused a huge disturbance the entire flight, I couldn't sleep, and we all kept having to kick the back of her kids' seats so that they'd stop reclining all the way back onto our laps. And the flight attendants didn't do anything about those brats.
          She left her kids alone in coach? Two words: child endangerment. She's lucky I wasn't on that plane or I would've thrown those kids off that plane, in midair, and she would be next.
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Not justified at all. This reminds me of the breastfeeding incident. The child was behaving; it would have been fine for the attendant to ask the mother to hush her child, but it is very rude to tell her to "shut her baby up" and suggest that she drug him! I'm willing to bet that lady doesn't have kids.
            ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

I don't know. It just doesn't feel right to me. Something's been left out of this story. I'm not saying that the flight attendant wasn't sucky or anything, but I would like to know how the mother was acting and saying during this time. Remember when the kid who wouldn't calm down before the plane started and the family got kicked off the plane? Remember the fuss her parents made? I want to hear both sides of the story before making a judgement on this.
              "But I don't want to be among mad people."
              You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

'I don't know what you expect me to do. I don't know what you expect me to do.'" Tell your kid to hush up. I have a feeling that those were not the words of the FA.
                Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  I just wish we could have the view of another passenger on the flight instead of a non-commital response from the airline.
                  There were quotes in the article from another passenger, last name Watts, who was sitting a few rows back from the passenger who was kicked off.

Based on what's been said here, I have a hard time believing they had any good reason for kicking them off the flight. I've seen much greater disturbances (kids running up and down the aisles, kicking seats, screaming and screeching for most of the flight) so it's hard for me to see any way this could have escalated so much the FA thought they needed to be removed.

This is also why I have noise-cancelling headphones to wear on planes.
                  "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Not legit at all. The flight attendant was a a super King Kamehameha bi-atch, not only for kicking them off the plane but for suggesting the mom should have drugged the kid before boarding the plane.

I refuse to believe the kid was loud enough to make the safety instructions inaudible to the other passengers. It doesn't sound as if the kid was screaming; just saying the same thing over and over again. This is nothing more than a flight attendant going on a power trip as far as I'm concerned.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                      Just because the toddler kept repeating himself? That's bogus. Granted this is only a one point of view story so far.......I think the airline staff is just retarded to say the least.
                      The same airline called the FAA and local marshalls on my wife. She was detained when they landed and questioned, luckily this was pre 9-11 and the security agreed the airline shoud,n't have acted that way.

Why? The report said "wouldn't relinquish her crutches". My wife had just had her hip replaced and had a pair of crutches that were attached to her arm. The flight attendant also said that "her crutches would go flying though the air and smash into something, like that lady's baby in an event".

This is also the same airline that refuses to help out with service dogs (also my wife's experience). They sat her in a crowded seat (not even bulkhead) with a German shepherd service dog that she was delivering for someone, 6 hour flight.

We try our hardest to avoid contentinal now.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      I refuse to believe the kid was loud enough to make the safety instructions inaudible to the other passengers. It doesn't sound as if the kid was screaming; just saying the same thing over and over again. This is nothing more than a flight attendant going on a power trip as far as I'm concerned.
                      How can you say that an observant child isn't a threat to the other passengers?? He sees a plane and is saying "bye plane" (or whatever he was saying). Obviously he was a well trained Al-Qauda operative who was planning some sort of attack, most likely biological agents could have been in his diapers.
                      Last edited by NightAngel; 07-13-2007, 05:43 PM.
                      Quote Dalesys:
                      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I read a report on the breastfeeding woman that stated she was thrown off for abusing the attendant, not cuz she was breastfeeding. To me, this is much the same thing; who knows what was left out? Maybe the mother screamed abuse at the flight attendant. This is a very one sided report.

I know that flight attendants can be sucky, but then so can mothers. In fact, most entitlement whores where I work are mothers.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth draggar
                          How can you say that an observant child isn't a threat to the other passengers?? He sees a plane and is saying "bye plane" (or whatever he was saying). Obviously he was a well trained Al-Qauda operative who was planning some sort of attack, most likely biological agents could have been in his diapers.
                          You talk about your WMDs--Weapon of Mass Defecation

Comment

Sorry, but IPF is the only person I can think of who can wipe out an entire country or better yet, continent, with a gigantic turd.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Meh...I'd have to pump myself full of Metamucil to achieve that.

But let this be your one warning...
                              Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 07-13-2007, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X