X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donkey Kong: The Movie

LOL

Maybe a little stupid, but funny just the same.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

LOL, I thought this was for real for a minute. Wouldn't have been surprised, since they've tried to make movies based on video games before.

I know this was a joke, but I couldn't help but notice that they kind of fucked things up. The level with the horizontal blue girders and the rivets was not the one with the barrels. I can't help it, it was my favorite game roughly a quarter of a century ago.

God, I'm getting old.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
      I know this was a joke, but I couldn't help but notice that they kind of fucked things up. The level with the horizontal blue girders and the rivets was not the one with the barrels. I can't help it, it was my favorite game roughly a quarter of a century ago.
      Yeah, I thought about that too. I'm guessing that whatever state-of-the-art program they used to make the movie had some kind of a problem with the red girders, since every level EXCEPT the last one was red.

I may not be as old as you, but I remember watching the older kids play Donkey Kong at the babysitter's on their Atari 2600 when I was little. Then I got the NES a few years later and I remember playing that version (had an extra level too).

Here's another good one:

Awesome Kong

You have to watch this stupid MTV thing first, but it's about 3 minutes into the clip. The guy who made it has a whole series of "Awesome" game parodies. Most of them are pretty good.

Bonus:

Pac-Awesome

That one is right at the beginning of the clip.

Aw heck, here's his page that has all his movies on it (not all of them are hosted by MTV). Metal Gear Awesome has reached iconic status on the internets.

EDIT: So in my shameless quest to become Egoraptor's spokesgirl, I noticed the Prince of Awesome video is busted on the MTV site. It's one of the best, so I found it here.
      Last edited by Kara; 07-16-2007, 01:59 PM.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Totally funny! I liked when Mario says "Hey Donkey, your mother's so hairy she has to trim her hair with a lawnmower!" and Donkey Kong slaps the princess.
        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
        X