Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman finds black widow in grapes - and doesn't want to sue!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman finds black widow in grapes - and doesn't want to sue!!

Maybe I'm jaded, but when I read this line :

She said she has no interest in suing Costco - she just wants everyone to be careful when they bring grapes home, wash them well and check them over.
    I nearly fell off my chair!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070720/D8QG2LL80.html
    The report button - not just for decoration

Why did she return the grapes? Did I miss something?

Comment

What grounds can she sue under?? A spider in produce is not adulteration, she didn't get bit, there is no gross negligence on the part of the farmer or the retailer, as it is not generally accepted that produce is washed prior to sale, besides that, black widows are indigenous to all of North America, how does she know it wasn't living in the trunk of her car, and got in when she transported it home??
      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
        What grounds can she sue under??
        Yeah, you're right. There is no legal ground to stand on for a case whatsoever. It would be completely illogical and unethical. It's the perfect setting for yet another frivolous lawsuit. And this woman actually didn't seize it. Maybe there's hope for people yet.

Okay, who else is thinking of Weird Al's "I'll Sue Ya" right now?
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Why did she return the grapes? Was she afraid there were more spiders in the crate? If that is the case go outside and wash the grapes that way if there are more spiders at least they will be outside.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
          X