This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a jerk

Police called the girl's home because a motorcycle registered in her name was clocked doing 225km/h, and she was seen on the back of it.

Father says, "You're wrong. My daughter doesn't own a motorcycle."
    He checks into it further, and finds out she has a new boyfriend who talked her into buying the $17,000 motorcycle with her credit card.

Funny thing...the dude was married, and the girl on the bike, who police described as having a tattoo...was another of his girlfriends!!

Busted!!!
    http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...=1154988610214
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

I don't know what would be scarier for the guy: going 250 km/h on a bike or being caught by your wife with TWO other girls!
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Quoth kerrisan View Post
      I don't know what would be scarier for the guy: going 250 km/h on a bike or being caught by your wife with TWO other girls!
      On a bike PAID FOR by one of 'em...
      Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

How was a seventeen-year-old able to afford a bike of that value?

Rapscallion

Comment

I think because the 17-year-old is 22 and has a credit card.
          ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

The 22year old must have be pretty well off (or have a pretty well-off father) to get a credit card that has a limit of 17000!

Comment

Yes, the guy is a jerk, but I can't believe the girl could be that stupid.

Where are the girls who want to buy motorcycles for me?

Comment

Quoth gundam40 View Post
                The 22year old must have be pretty well off (or have a pretty well-off father) to get a credit card that has a limit of 17000!
                Quoth chryso View Post
                Yes, the guy is a jerk, but I can't believe the girl could be that stupid.
                Exactly what I was thinking.
                I wondered at someone so young with such a fantastic credit limit on her card.

Also, it was really stupid of her to let him talk her into that paurchase.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Well, I've received preapproved credit card applications with limits higher then that from my bank, whom I have 100 dollars with currently, so its not that big a deal to have that big a credit limit if you truly want to get it
                  My only credit card has a 500 dollar limit because I didnt choose to make it go any higher since I dont need to

Comment

When I was in college and banking with the evil empire (Bank of America, long story why I now hate them), I would regularly get preapproved offers for cards that had higher limits than my total bank balance.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Ryu View Post
                      Well, I've received preapproved credit card applications with limits higher then that from my bank, whom I have 100 dollars with currently, so its not that big a deal to have that big a credit limit if you truly want to get it
                      My only credit card has a 500 dollar limit because I didnt choose to make it go any higher since I dont need to
                      Pre-approved credit is far different than getting approved credit. If you notice when they send you those "offers" they never have your SSN#. Without that they can't check your credit or give you a credit limit. I once applied for a card that said I was pre-approved for up to $10,000. I applied and was approved but not for $10,000. I was approved for $135.

Comment

If she is enrolled in college it is VERY easy to get WAYYYYY too much credit. When I was in college full time, and working part time, I managed to get over $75,000 in credit over 4 card and there was no way in hell I was gonna be able to pay even the min due if I ran them all up. I did get in some trouble, I ran up about 4k thankfully my parent's bailed me out, and it took me 3 years working full time after I got out of school to pay them back.
                        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Working...
                        X