This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How not to act in a job interview

I was having a good laugh at how some people act in interviews.

http://www.gradview.com/careers/big_mistake.html

Some of these people may have been trying to prove they were attempting to find work in order to keep their unemployment benefits.

Then again, yeah, people really are this stupid.

Comment

Applicant's attache case opened when he picked it up and the contents spilled, revealing women's undergarments and assorted makeup and perfume.
      Ummm, what do I even say about this? I dunno...if you're going to bring in a briefcase to make yourself look important, make sure you empty it first?
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Applicant asked who the "lovely babe" in the picture was. When the interviewer said it was his wife, applicant asked if she was home now and wanted the interviewer's phone number. The interviewer called security.
        Hol-y

"Pointing to a black case he'd carried into the interviewer's office, applicant stated if he were not hired, the bomb would go off. Disbelieving, the interviewer began to state why applicant would never be hired and that he was going to call the police. The applicant then reached down to the case, flipped a switch, and ran. No one was injured, but the interviewer did have to get a new desk. "

Testing
        "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Awesome.

It seems that some people think they are just a little too special!
          Total surrender
          Your touch is so tender
          Your skin is like water on a burning beach
          And it brings me relief
          "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Without saying a word, applicant stood up and walked out during the middle of the interview.
            There have been times I have been tempted to do just that. I mean, once you suddenly realize for whatever reason that this job just isn't for you, hell, why not just bolt out of there? It's like a bad date, being forced to sit through an interview that you suddenly realize is for a job you desperately don't want. I'm not saying this is what motivated this jobseeker, but I can certainly see that there would be times I would be tempted to do just this thing. Sure, it's not professional...but what are they going to do? Not hire you?

Applicant arrived wearing only one shoe, and explained the other was stolen off her foot on the bus.
            As bizarre as this sounds, this could conceivably happen. I mean, think about it. For whatever reason, say this happens to you. And you have an appointment for an interview. Are you going to have time to go get a new pair of shoes? Are you going to have money if you are jobhunting? It sounds stupid. It IS stupid. But at least she still went to the interview!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              There have been times I have been tempted to do just that. I mean, once you suddenly realize for whatever reason that this job just isn't for you, hell, why not just bolt out of there? It's like a bad date, being forced to sit through an interview that you suddenly realize is for a job you desperately don't want.
              That is the best description for job interviewing that I've ever heard. Don't date, but been on plenty of the interviews where I've wanted to do that.
              ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
                That is the best description for job interviewing that I've ever heard. Don't date, but been on plenty of the interviews where I've wanted to do that.
                A few years ago I was interviewing for a position with Easter Seals for an assistant at a living facility...until the woman said "We take those others won't. Our kids can bite, kick, and you'll have to assist in toileting." I immediately apologized and said "I'm afraid I can't do that. Sorry I wasted your time." She was cordial, and I left.

Another time where that almost happened was when I was called to do an interview in a hotel room, and it turned out it was for door-to-door insurance sales. I said "No I can't do that" he said "OK" and I left.
                Testing
                "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Working...
                X