This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No "Ho Ho Ho" for Santas?

Santas in Australia have said "Ho Ho Ho" is offensive to women because of connotations to U.S.'s use of "ho" as derogatory towards women.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115...ristmasoffbeat

wtf. People in a country where the slang IS NOT USED, is saying don't use it? But the country where it is used doesn't care. Anyone else see the issue with that?
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

*sigh* Sadly, I knew it was only a matter of time before this happened.. Pretty soon someone is gonna find Santa offensive and you won't see him anymore either.

Comment

"Santa, Satan... it's the same letters. It's the same freaking guy!" - Detroit Rock City

You wait, someone else will see the connection and then, Santa will be banned. O_o
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Heck, even without the Satan connection, there's the fact that Santa's portrayed as an old white guy who makes value judgements about other people's actions, and rewards them based on his system, he's a stalker/pedophile (sees you when you're sleeping, knows when you're awake), teaches bad physics, has children believing in fantasies, etc.

I'm surprised they haven't made him illegal already!

Comment

Plus, he breaks into people's houses at night. Not to mention drink driving; all those glasses of sherry. O_o
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Aw, how could I forget the B&E!
              Also, I do believe he discriminates based on religion, no?

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                Plus, he breaks into people's houses at night. Not to mention drink driving; all those glasses of sherry. O_o
                I heard it was supposed to be milk, strong bones and all.
                How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

What does Santa Claus and Bill Clinton have in common?

Three 'Ho's.

Guess I can't tell that joke in Australia anymore...

Come on... He doesn't SAY Ho Ho Ho (which is stupid enough to get offended over.) It's a laugh... Like "Oo ooh ooooh!" It's simply spelled out?

You know someone who actually "Hehe"s and "Haha"s when they laugh?
                  "How bloody difficult is it to take care of a DVD?"
                  ~Me after any time I look at the back of a disc~

Comment

I think the idea behind the complaint is offensive to women.

Women are not "ho's".

It's singling out a very small group and putting anyone of that gender under the same label.
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I would like to formally request an immediate transfer to an alternate universe. It doesn't matter which one, none of them can be as bad as this one.
                      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                        I would like to formally request an immediate transfer to an alternate universe. It doesn't matter which one, none of them can be as bad as this one.
                        What if you end up in one which is even more PC than this one and has more SCs?
                        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                          What if you end up in one which is even more PC than this one and has more SCs?
                          Then I would know I got held over in California, and thus, still in this dimension.
                          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Reminds me of the idiots that scream there's a "War On Christmas" if you wish anybody anything BUT a "Merry Christmas" (exact phrase).
                            ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

That was on the Bob and Tom show this morning. On the way home from work I heard it and instantly thought "What the fuck is wrong with this world?"

There's politically correct, and then there's just insanely over zealous politically correct.

It's not snow-blower, it's snow thrower.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X