This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussies - How to Vote

There's a federal election in Australia this Saturday. One political group not affiliated with any party (their agenda is to get people more interested in politics) put together this site:

http://www.howshouldivote.com.au/

It has a quiz, then tells you who you should vote for based on your answers.

I just tried it. It's not bad. Limiting it to 20 questions oversimplifies the issues greatly, but other than that it's quite reasonable.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

That's actually pretty good, considering it covers the issues that most people will be thinking about going into this election.

It's also good that it lets the people who are running for election answer as well, so that people can see how close they agree with each candidate by percentage.

Problem is that it's less than 24 hours away and 3 out of the 6 running in my area haven't done that.. But as I have a good idea how I'll vote anyway, that doesn't really matter.

I think for those that aren't sure yet who to go for, it would help clarify the closest candidate for them, based on what they feel about each issue.
      3 Basic rules for ordering food.
      - Order from the menu.
      - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
      - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

My answer was how I was going to vote anyway (and how I actually did vote). I've shown it to a lot of people in different electorates, and people who support both sides have said it's accurate or inaccurate (it all depends on if their preffered candidates answered the questionnaire). One idiot called it a phishing scam, but he's the kind of dork who writes swear words on the ballot because he thinks the politicians are the ones who count them at the end of the day.

Comment

Working...
        X