Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you told your family & friends that you love them lately?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you told your family & friends that you love them lately?

First off, Mods I am not sure if this is the right place or not. Please move if you have too.

Family of 7 escapes predawn fire

A close friend of mine and her family had a predawn fire on her B-Day. Everyone made it out fine except for her husband-he got burnt. It is hard to imagine anything like this to happen to someone close, but it can. She is truly, one of the nicest people I have ever meet.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Stories like these scare me. With the higher risk of housefires during the holiday season. My mother and her candles are the biggest risk, I feel. She always just leaves candles burning.

Last night after we'd eaten, she and dad were going to take Bear for a walk. Bear's walks tend to last an hour if not more. Mom had left 2 candles burning on the table and 2 on the entertainment center. Little brother went to bed right after dinner because he'd been up since 5 am for work.

I blew the candles out. When mom and dad got back, mom yelled at me for it. I said "Mom, when you're going to leave the house BLOW OUT THE CANDLES. This house WILL catch on fire if one day you fall asleep and don't blow them out or you go somewhere and forget to blow them out! You HAVE to be careful with these!"

One of my fondest (not really) moments growing up was always watching mom light tons of candles and then either go take a bath or go to bed. Minutes later I'd breeze past all of them, blowing them out. She'd return or wake up and yell at me for blowing them out.

I'm surprised none of their houses has burned down yet. Dad's not always there to play Smokey the Bear when I'm gone, and neither is brother.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
    X