X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a fan of Guitar Hero....

This really frosts my cornflakes...

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9822632-7.html

So, Activision had permission to have a cover song done, but because that song was done too well, they are in hot water.

So, now every cover band has to make a song sound nothing like the original to avoid a lawsuit? I thought the whole point of a cover was to sound as much like the original as possible....?

Personally, I hate listening to a band cover a song, and have it sound like crap or so far from the original that you don't know what they are playing. I think the Romantics need to get over themselves- if they really don't like it, they should have given Activision the rights to the song in the first place!

Shit, the Paranoid cover sounds fantastic in Guitar Hero III/Rock Band and I don't see Black Sabbath knocking out anyone's teeth over it.....

poo.
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

What I like about you!:

You sound like me, yeah
    You're the only one, who still, even likes our songs. Yeah!

Comment

Actually, the first GH was all covers because they wanted it to be like you were an actual cover band.
      Because it would be weird if your band sounded exactly like the master track.
      Heck, on "Heart-Shaped Box" Marcus purposefully missed notes so that it would be more authentic grunge.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
      X