This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bless this man...

...for trying to teach SC's how to act at restaurants, and for appreciating the work restaurant folk do!

(This is a good read, btw)

http://www.maximonline.com/Theartoft...cles/9245.aspx
    "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

I love Anthony Bourdain He really knows what he's talking about and doesn't take crap from anyone.

One point confused me though...what's wrong with taking home your leftovers? You paid for it
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

He's right about most British, we aren't cheap, just used to tyhe idea that the menu price actually covers a decent wage for the staff.
      ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth flybye023 View Post
        One point confused me though...what's wrong with taking home your leftovers? You paid for it
        I could be wrong, but I'm guessing it looks a little tacky at an ultra-fancy five-star restaurant. But I don't think the local eatery is going to cringe at you taking your leftovers home. Less garbage for them to toss!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I love this man! In a brotherly way..
          His book Kitchen Confidential is a very eye-opening read. I highly recommend it.
          His tv show "No Reservations" is excellent. I watch it as much as I can.

Thanks for the article. I'm going to send this along to my brother, the semi-famous chef.
          Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Working...
          X