X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Stupidest Warning Labels Contest Winners

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/danger-...00010000000001

"Danger: Avoid Death"

Golly, Thank you concerned company! I was going to welcome death with open arms, but because you care so darn much about my well-being. I will avoid death.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I was expecting something along the lines of "Avoid Smelly Cheeses" or possibly "Avoid Rhubarb," but...wow. And anyone who needs safety goggles in place before operating a letter opener prooooooooobably shouldn't be allowed near the sharp toys to begin with.
      Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

I understand the warning about the goggles and the letter opener. 'cos you know, when you're opening your letters, ripping into them at the top of the envelopes, really getting into sync with your opening duties, you never know when the letter opener and your arm is going to be flying all over the place, and you just know that one minute you're opening letters & the next the opener will fly out of your hands & go right into your eye!

yeah, well, it might happen. *grumble, mumble*

Comment

Quoth PuckishOne View Post
          I was expecting something along the lines of "Avoid Smelly Cheeses" or possibly "Avoid Rhubarb," but...wow. And anyone who needs safety goggles in place before operating a letter opener prooooooooobably shouldn't be allowed near the sharp toys to begin with.
          Or along the lines of "Do not use during sex."

Come to think of it, that might be a good warning label for a set of jumper cables.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Yes, but DGoddess, how else are all those stuck-in-a-rut couples going to jump start their romantic life?

Comment

You're starting to sound like Becky.

At work we have new fridges for bottled drinks behind the kiosk. They are labelled with 'Cauion, to do not rock. May cause serios injury or death,' and there is a picture of the fridge falling on top of a person. The problem - these fridges are about 2 feet tall.
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                Yes, but DGoddess, how else are all those stuck-in-a-rut couples going to jump start their romantic life?
                Or add a spark to their relationship?

*Ducks rotten fruit*
                I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Hey CG !

Are you making fun of us Vertically Challenged People? A 2 foot tall fridge could do some serious damage to me!!! :P

CuteSHORTnoob
                  In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                  She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                    Aw Cinema Guy! That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a long time! I think I you!

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                      I'm (in)famous!!!!!

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                      Aw Cinema Guy! That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a long time! I think I you!
                      And I think I YOU, idrink, for thinking that being compared to me is a good thing.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

*is now a happy Rum, and hands some bottles to all those who are legal to drink it* HAHAHAHA!!!

Becky, you're just too awesome. Someday, I will be almost as awesome as you.

Comment

Working...
                        X