Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how many people thought they were on a game show when they met the guy "managing" this? (Didn't he used to host 'Oblivious'?)

I really REALLY hope the employees, managers, and customers all got compensated for this little "stunt".

BUT - if you pulled the same in a McDonald's with the Big Mac, you'd get the same.
    Last edited by draggar; 12-21-2007, 09:44 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

the first time I saw the commercial, I thought it was funny. But after that, they are truly stupid. I said it once before & I will say it again. Most commercials are nothing but crap. Now if they take the Double or Triple Whopper, then I would be mad
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth GolfCart34 View Post
        Seriously, I really want to smack the people who came up with that advertising scheme.
        Allegedly, the same guys that did the Subservient Chicken also were the creators behind this stunt.

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
          Allegedly, the same guys that did the Subservient Chicken also were the creators behind this stunt.
          Interesting. Well, nobody's perfect, I suppose...
          "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
            the first time I saw the commercial, I thought it was funny. But after that, they are truly stupid. I said it once before & I will say it again. Most commercials are nothing but crap. Now if they take the Double or Triple Whopper, then I would be mad
            From what it looked like, I think they took away anything that was a Whopper or had Whopper in the name.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth chops View Post
              Interesting. Well, nobody's perfect, I suppose...
              More like dumb ideas that seem good on paper.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                From what it looked like, I think they took away anything that was a Whopper or had Whopper in the name.
                I meant that, if they actually took it away. But if they did, I would just go somewhere else
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I've been to a Burger King that didn't have Whoppers. Technically, they had no burgers because their grill(or whatever they use to cook) had broken. So they only had deep fried stuff like chicken and french fries. It was kind of weird, and my kids were disappointed, but in the end what's the big deal? Screaming about it isn't going to make a burger suddenly appear and the poor employees were just dreading each customer. So we just got some fries and left.

All that said, I still hate that commercial. Why provoke SC behavior so innocent employees end up suffering?

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
                    I still hate that commercial. Why provoke SC behavior so innocent employees end up suffering?
                    All I can think about when those commercials come on is how much it must have sucked to work at that Burger King. You know that none of the people who ok'd this experiment actually had to deal with SC's.
                    "Any free samples?"
                    "Sorry, not today."

Come on people, we're a bank not a bakery.

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                      I think the whole "experiment" is totally asinine. I really feel bad for the employees that had to endure this bullshit.
                      I actually wrote BK's corporate headquarters a letter of complaint. I told them flat out that the commercial to me is nothing more than their glorification of the abuse of their employee's.

I also told them that I was deeply offended by their lack of tact when it came to exposing their employees to a known hostile environment.

Wanna bet I get a bunch of coupons in the mail?

Join the fun!! Call or Write them here:

Give us the low down on your latest restaurant visit. Tell us about your experience. What could we do better? Help us help you HAVE IT YOUR WAY®.

Use our Restaurant Locator to contact your local BURGER KING® restaurant or contact our Corporate office:

Burger King Corporation
                      5505 Blue Lagoon Drive
                      Miami, Florida 33126

Corporate Headquarters - 305-378-3000
                      Marketing/Advertising Information Requests - 305-378-7200
                      Consumer Relations - 305-378-3535
                      HAVE IT YOUR WAY® Cards Consumer Help Desk - 1-800-522-1278

E-mail communication is not accepted.

Click below to review our Corporate policies
                      Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

I hope the employees in the commercial were compensated above and beyond their normal wages for having to participate in that "experiment" and incur the wrath of SCs needing their flame-broiled fix.

And as long as I'm dreaming I'd like a trillion dollars, my own private Caribbean island and Rachel Harris naked in my bed.

On another note I'm also not much of a whopper fan. I'd be much more upset if they took the breaded chicken sandwich off the menu.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

like it or not, the fact that we've now had 3 pages of discussion on it is proof positive that it's done its job as a good piece of marketing.
                          My Space

Comment

Imagine the dream of poor starving children all over the world, to think that the worst problem is no specific brand X lardburger. What a dream to live in such places!!!

Comment

Quoth tacohuman View Post
                              like it or not, the fact that we've now had 3 pages of discussion on it is proof positive that it's done its job as a good piece of marketing.
                              True if you believe that any publicity is good publicity. I haven't been to BK in decades because I can't stand how they microwave the burgers and their marketing in general, but this campaign would certainly turn me elsewhere just because of how stupid it is. Of course you're going to get a reaction at a BK when you tell them there's no whopper (and with the state of the world being what it is, tamtrums will come as well). Stand outside a Wendy's or McD's and tell them this, then laugh as you see the lack of reaction it causes.
                              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                              Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
                                Stand outside a Wendy's or McD's and tell them this, then laugh as you see the lack of reaction it causes.
                                Well, of course you won't get a reaction outside those stores from saying, "We no longer carry Whoppers."
                                I'd think you'd get a bigger reaction if you started telling people you DID carry Whoppers.
                                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                                X