This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suing a third grader!!!

The title said it all. If you believe the dad, and I think I do after reading this short article, it sounds like it was the guys own stupid fault in the first place. And to grab and curse at a little kid is completely reprehensible.

Some asshole is suing a little kid

I was going to post this one (luckily I checked the other posts here before hand ).

I really think this is ridiculous. How much you want to bet, the old coot ran into the kid, but doesn't want to admit it? And besides, even if the kid did run into the old guy, the kid, as pointed out in the article isn't very big, so how much damage, really, could he do?

Comment

Damn. I was going to post this one too after seeing it in the paper...
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

What does he think he is going to get from suing an an 8 year old boy?! Some Transformers? Maybe and Ant farm? Wonder if he's related to the Judge that sued the dry cleaners? Hopefully this will get tossed out of court.

Comment

Quoth Slayergrrl View Post
          Some Transformers? Maybe and Ant farm?
          o_O Maybe ten years ago. Most kids I see nowadays have ipods, 600 dollar game systems, 200 dollar shoes, their parents food stamp cards so they can buy all the junk food they want.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
            o_O Maybe ten years ago. Most kids I see nowadays have ipods, 600 dollar game systems, 200 dollar shoes, their parents food stamp cards so they can buy all the junk food they want.

I don't have kids.. Guess you could tell

Comment

Posted by PMSXpress on December 20, 2007 at 6:21 p.m.
              ...The comment Pfahler made about suing - while swearing at a little kid, which says volumes about his personality right there - and grabbing the child's leg - which amounts to an assault - hopefully will be sufficient grounds to throw the suit out.
              That's what I'm hoping too. Okay, it's no fun to be in a human collision, and I'm sure he was hurting, but it happens in skiing all the time! You've got two boards strapped to your feet and you're going downhill over a very slippery surface dotted with boulders and trees and other people. Chances are very good that a collision can happen.

The old guy really overreacted here, and I'm sure he scared the living daylights out of that kid by grabbing him and screaming at him as he was trying to apologize. I hope that this case gets a sensible judge who not only throws it out, but makes the old guy pay all the court costs!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The man is actually suing the boy's father, since it isn't possible to sue an individual under the age of 18 in a court of law. It makes for a tougher case, because the man would have to prove negligence on the part of the father.

I'm slightly underwhelmed by the Associated Press for not making that clear.

And this guy is a complete dick, no question.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

That dumb guy is gonna get laughed right out of town for suing a little kid.

Comment

How much do bullets cost? About $0.07 apiece? Damn.

(Does some calculations...)

All these frivolous lawsuits are adding up. I'm up to needing about six bucks' worth of ammo. And that's being economical!

Seriously, though. A bill needs to go through very soon imposing heavy fines on people who sue for ridiculous reasons. Fines for the "plaintiff" up to ten times the highest sought damages sound reasonable? That would mean the pants ex-judge would owe somewhere around $670M?

A fitting punishment, for such a waste of valuable time and money by everyone else involved. Oh, and payment of the defendants' court costs, in addition to the above.

Sentence cannot be deferred, payment must be made within one year of sentencing, and any remaining balance after that one year will be repossessed and given to the "defendants." And if, somehow, "plaintiff"'s entire estate is not worth the amount for which "plaintiff" is suing in said frivolous suit, "plaintiff" shall serve one year in federal PMITA prison for every $100,000 he or she is unable to pay. Which means the pants judge would, after his entire estate is given to the Chungs, live out the rest of his life plus about 5,700 years in the big house, getting reamed by the very "bad guys" he sent there, if he ever did his job right.

And for a little math perspective...
                    "Pants Judge" wanted $54,000,000 from the Chungs' dry cleaning company. This amount, translated in several ways, gives an idea of how ludicrous his suit was:

At $7.50/hr, working 40 hours/week, 52 weeks/year, with no vacations and no absences, this would take 3,461 years, 6 months, 1 week and six days (give or take fifteen minutes) to pay off.

Making $100,000/year, this would still take 540 years to pay off.

Earning the same yearly salary as Bill Gates, this would take 55 years, 10 months, 1 week and 2 1/2 days to pay off. (I like this example the best.)

And estimating that the Chungs' dry cleaning business affords them about $35,000 net income per year (after necessities and operating expenses), the suit would take precisely 1,542 years, 10 months, 1 week and 1 day to pay off.
                    Last edited by MMATM; 12-22-2007, 12:09 AM. Reason: added "off topic" note, and to make current
                    "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

I cry for the fate of humanity.

What a douchenozzle. (I just had to use this word after that list was posted...)
                      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

That guy is a jackass.
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                        X