• "Santa Died For Your MasterCard"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,318006,00.html

I can only laugh in agreement......

(These are all ballpark figures)

Lumber and nails to build a 15-foot crucifix: $80.00
    Color photo of Santa: $5.99
    Settlement of libel suit from Mastercard: $50,000.00
    Being an attention whore: Priceless

There are some things money can't buy. For all others, there's Mastercard!
    Last edited by dendawg; 12-24-2007, 12:59 AM.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure what the message is.
      Something about killing Santa.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
        I'm not entirely sure what the message is.
        Something about killing Santa.
        It's supposed to be a way of A) pointing out that Santa has gone from being a symbol of giving, generosity and magic to being used by companies to get the public to buy stuff, and B) poking fun at people who insist on constantly being "politically correct".

So, basically, a jab at the degradation of society.
        "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

I agree with him.

Why Malls have to stay open till 11...nay, 12 AM is beyond me. I can see Friday, or Saturday, but Monday? Tuesday? SUNDAY?!

Pointless. Utterly Pointless.

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
            I agree with him.

Why Malls have to stay open till 11...nay, 12 AM is beyond me. I can see Friday, or Saturday, but Monday? Tuesday? SUNDAY?!

Pointless. Utterly Pointless.
            Because if they don't, there'll be outrage! Outrage, I say! The mall staff personally went out and ruined the lazy people's Christmas because they couldn't go in and attempt to buy something the stores ran out of six weeks ago! Outrage!
            "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

I don't like the way that Boxing Day (December 26th) has become the must-shop day of the year.

Here in Canada, everyone who worked in retail used to get two days off - the 25th and the 26th. And we need that time to recuperate! Now some people only get 12 hours off on Christmas Day before they need to be back into work to set up the Boxing Day sales.

Seriously, will it kill anyone to not shop for just two consecutive days? What's so wrong with just spending a few days with friends and family? Who needs to buy even more crap the day after Christmas, considering the consumer orgy that has just occurred?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
              X