Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG OMG OMG!!! THE DARK KNIGHT TRAILOR!

http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm

He did it. Heath can do the LAUGH!!! OMG!! IT LOOKS SO FING SWEET!!!
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Thank you! My coworker forwarded me a terrible link of the trailer the other day...nice to see it all pretty-like. I'm super excited...a friend of mine worked on the film, when they were filming in downtown Chicago...he was just a grunt, but still, I was super-jealous.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I don't know.
      I kinda like the Jack Nicholson Joker better.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
        I don't know.
        I kinda like the Jack Nicholson Joker better.
        That might be because Jack Nicholson really is insane. At least, in damn near every role he plays, he is.

I'm psyched. The bad-ass Batmobile is back too! Sah-weet!

First Batman movie I saw was Batman & Robin with Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze and Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy. Not half bad for the late 90's. Powerhouse cast, too. Any highly-recommended ones, by the way? I've seen some but I don't know how many there are that I've missed.
        "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Well aside fr the one with Jack as the Joker and Keaton as The Batman I'd recommend the Original Burt Ward/Adam West Batman movie from the sixties. High camp cartoon heroics indeed Robin!!!!!

Comment

Man this looks like it's going to be awesome. Anyone planning on trying to see it on IMax?
            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth MMATM View Post
              First Batman movie I saw was Batman & Robin with Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze and Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy. Not half bad for the late 90's. Powerhouse cast, too. Any highly-recommended ones, by the way? I've seen some but I don't know how many there are that I've missed.
              You need to see the first two from the 80s with Michael Keaton then. Compared to those two, the one you saw looks like crap. ( no offense)
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                You need to see the first two from the 80s with Michael Keaton then. Compared to those two, the one you saw looks like crap. ( no offense)
                My first was Batman Forever, with Val Kilmer in the title role, Jim Carrey as the Riddler/Edward Nigma, and Tommy Lee Jones as 2Face.
                I had that on VHS, I watched it a blue million times when I was 6 or 7.

Compared to that, Batman and Robin was crap, too.
                "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

You need to catch the scooby doo (old old scooby doo) episodes from when they used to do the guest appearances. Batman and Robin (the cartoon, the badass cartoon) were on there three or four times.

Comment

I thought the preview looked pretty cool except for Heath Ledger.
                    He seemed to be over-acting and playing it kind of campy.
                    I don't want to see the current Batman franchise go the way of the others.

Comment

No amount of facepaint can hide the fact that Heath Ledger is still a douche.

As for which Batman movies to watch, get the 1988 Batman and Batman Returns, and maybe the 60s one (it's still better than Batman and Robin). Val Kilmer was too scrawny to be Batman, and George Clooney was the worst decision in film history.
                      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I always thought of it like this: Michael Keaton was a great batman, and a decent bruce wayne. Val Kilmer played a great bruce wayne, and george clooney was an ok bruce wayne, but they were shitty batmen. Christian Bale can play neither, because they've now made batman look like a whiny bitch in my opinion.

Comment

Quoth DarthRetard View Post
                          Christian Bale can play neither, because they've now made batman look like a whiny bitch in my opinion.

How in the world was he a whiny bitch o_O?
                          Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Well, it just seemed like the new batman was portrayed as someone with a bit of a moral complex, whether to fight crime, etc etc., you know? It wasn't blatant or anything, like Spiderman, thank god, I just dont like the way Christian Bale portrayed batman. Also, after watching the trailer again, it looks like Heath Ledger is doing his best Nicholson Joker impersonation. It'd have been nicer if he'd brought a little something new to the table. Maybe he will, we'll see.

Comment

Quoth DarthRetard View Post
                              Maybe he will, we'll see.
                              Agreed, best way to review a movie is to see it first

I don't know, I didn't feel that he had a moral complex. I always felt that Batman was, well, f--ing nuts, who blamed himself over and over again for the parents death, and he won't let that happen to anyone else.

Though some of my favorite comics are the /non/ canon ones where he finally snaps. Like when he tortured Joker for weeks and weeks and weeks before killing him, or when he turned Gotham into a police state with Robo Batmens.

EDIT: I agree on him sounding like Jack. But he also still sounds slightly insane. I kinda like it
                              Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Working...
                              X