This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Dr Seuss Stoy is About to be Ruined

As if the epic suck of The Grinch and the Cat in the Hat weren't bad enough, now they've decided to destroy Horton Hears a Who. Some things should really be left alone.....

I like how they proclaim it as the world of Dr Seuss "as you've never seen it before." Yeah, because I remember his work being good.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

At least they didn't do live action this time...

You're right though. The Grinch was horrible. I had to leave the room several times when I saw it on TV. I didn't even bother seeing The Cat In The Hat, as it looked like more of the same.
    Last edited by XCashier; 12-29-2007, 03:22 PM.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I liked the Grinch! Not as much as the book or the cartoon though. But I thought it was pretty good.
      Em LOVES that movie so we have to watch it. We've watched it 5 times this month.

And now they should just leave everything alone. No more stories made into movies.

You can't stretch out a 20 page book into a 90 minute movie.
      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

I think the biggest blaphemy is that Dr. Seuss books allowed us infinite space with our imaginations, and this bullshit is basically like taking our children's imaginations and tying it up, and holding it hostage for 9.00 and some popcorn.

Comment

The worst part of (what I watched of) The Cat in the Hat was a lot of the "humor" (term used loosely) was *adult* oriented.

"Hubba hubba hubba. Who is this?"

"Our mom."

"....Awkward."
          Testing
          "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

you can blame it on his money-hungry widow. He was adamant about keeping the rights to all his work, and keeping it in book form(save the grinch cartoon version-he thought that one needed to be made-with his artwork)-not a week after his death his widow was selling off the rights to "daisy head mayzie"-which he hadn't even finished when he died
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
            X