This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Millionaire Next Door

The Millionaire Next Door, by Lazlo Zalezac.

This is the fictional story of Dan Parker, a young man who is given the Facts of Life at a very early age. He employs these facts to his advantage, and finds himself happier by the age of 25 than many of us ever are by the time we're 50.

It's a story in progress, and the author is posting a new chapter every day right now (as of now, he's on Chapter 59).

The site, for those of you unaware of it, is primarily an erotica oriented site. As such, you might not feel it is safe to read at work. However, this story is simply a "grown up" story, and has extremely little sex in it (virtually none, in fact, and none of it is at all explicit).

You will need to sign up for an account to read anything past Chapter 1, but accounts are free.

For me, it's been the catalyst I needed to get me started on my own projects again. Hopefully, it can help a few other people out as well.

Today marks the end of the story.

Reading the epilogue brought a tear to my eye, I admit. Lazlo wrote a marvelous story. The characters are still in my mind's eye, and likely will be for some time.

I hope others out there can enjoy the story the way I did.

Comment

it is all your fault that I am tired today . . .I read the whole story yesterday and only got about 4 hours sleep for doing so . . . .

Ok since I read the story I know I should take responsability for my actions and note that I was enjoying the story . . .it was making me happy and therefore I chose it over sleep.

Comment

It definitely does make you think, and re-evaluate your own life, at least somewhat. I know it did for me.

BTW, people, for those of you thinking you know the facts of life already, this is definitely not the birds and the bees. Not even close.

Comment

Aaaahhhh I have to sign up!!!!

Than you so much for that link Pedersen, the first chapter makes me think this is a really good story

Comment

WOW

And there went last weekend.

Now we just need to get Lazlo to write out "the Three Articles".
            Meeeeoooow.....
            Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Annnnddd... I'm done! Had to take breaks in order to digest the story :-)

It was really good, and I have sent an email to Lazlo to let him know how I feel

Thank you once again Pedersen, for linking to that story.

Comment

I'm glad others enjoyed it too. Anybody artistically inclined enough to make a poster for the facts? I've got a simple one, but would like to see something nicer.

Comment

Uh.. you MIGHT want to mention the site being primarily SEX stories next time.

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                    The site, for those of you unaware of it, is primarily an erotica oriented site. As such, you might not feel it is safe to read at work. However, this story is simply a "grown up" story, and has extremely little sex in it (virtually none, in fact, and none of it is at all explicit).
                    Quoth Crazeyal View Post
                    Uh.. you MIGHT want to mention the site being primarily SEX stories next time.
                    Hmm, seems I did...

Comment

Yup, missed it. My bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X