Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would never want to work at an all you can eat buffet. How horrible.

I don't know what to believe in this article because it is certainly from a slanted perspective. I think there was more going on than the article tells us.

The situation quite possibly was handled incorrectly, but I think the restaurant does reserve the right to refuse service to anyone it chooses.

In this age, should any of us be surprised that a company would "fire" a customer that costs them money? I'm not, and I wish more would. If more businesses got rid of "bad" customers, then good customers like me wouldn't have to suffer the consequences (i.e. price increases).

Also, how many of us have heard, "I'm a good customer! They just kicked me out because I'm [race/religion/gender/something ludicrous]. I'm taking my [insanely large amount of money that I don't have and never really spent] to [competitor]!"

All it would take is one of them writing to the paper, and you have an article similar to this one.
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

All this talk about the Piggy McPiggensteins clearing out a full pan of something at a buffet reminds me of a Japanese Sushi buffet that we used to go to around here. It was on the pricier side (about 20 or 25 bucks a head) but they had very good sushi. They had a rule that was noted on the door when you walked in and on the sneeze guards at the buffet that you were limited to 2 pieces per type of sushi per trip (limit 8 pieces total per trip up) and you also had to eat the rice as well. If you didn't eat the rice or wasted a piece of sushi they would charge you a buck a piece, this was noted in several locations around the restaraunt as well. It seemed to be a very good way to handle it and I never saw a problem with it. Unfortunantly they went out of business about 5 years ago, went on vacation and never came back
      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

I like that sort of rule, especially if they'll go easy on someone who just doesn't like something - and took a reasonable sample size. (Probably one piece, it being sushi.)

I eat buffets according to that sort of idea. Take one serving max per item per trip.

If I'm in doubt about a dish, I take a sample size of it, try it, and either go get more - or not! That way if I detest it, there's half a sample-size wasted: usually only one or two forkfuls (depending on how easy it is to get a small amount.)
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
        X