X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspect leaps off bridge with police dog

*WARNING - NOT FOR SENSITIVE READERS*

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...TAM&SECTION=US

I think he should be charged with the death of a police officer, since it was a police dog. Make the punishment all the more severe
    The report button - not just for decoration

Quoth iradney View Post
    I think he should be charged with the death of a police officer, since it was a police dog. Make the punishment all the more severe
    IIRC, some jamoke who shot a K9 back in Chicago got "Assaulting an Officer" piled on to all his other charges - it was treated just as if it were a human.

Comment

K9 officers Are police personnel. We don't have one any longer but when he was alive he was treated just like a human Officer. come to think of it he may have been treated a little better.

Comment

**WARNING Foul Language**

***I'm not kidding, really foul language coming up***

What an absolute cunt. How can you justify doing that? Why would you treat any animal like that. That dog would have done anythin for the handler and this is how he gets treated by a drunken moron whose tiny brain mass couldn't cover a caniballs breeakfast toast.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you all are completely looking at this wrong. If the guy just wanted to kill the dog, he could have just thrown the dog off the bridge. I'd put my money on the guy just trying to kill himself and he couldn't do it without the dog since the dog wasn't letting go. Police dogs aren't trained to just bite once and then let go. They latch on. It's more likely it was just a suicide attempt than him just trying to kill the dog.
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

A police dog will take you down, ie knock you off your feet. He would have made a concious desicion to take the dog with him which is what has annoyed me the most.
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
              It's more likely it was just a suicide attempt than him just trying to kill the dog.
              I could feel sorry(er) for the guy IF he had just offed only himself. The cardinal rule of suicide is that if you're going to do it, you do NOT take anybody else with you. It's bad enough that you're doing it to yourself.
              ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                I'm pretty sure you all are completely looking at this wrong. If the guy just wanted to kill the dog, he could have just thrown the dog off the bridge. I'd put my money on the guy just trying to kill himself and he couldn't do it without the dog since the dog wasn't letting go. Police dogs aren't trained to just bite once and then let go. They latch on. It's more likely it was just a suicide attempt than him just trying to kill the dog.
                I wish you were right, but according to the article:

A man being chased by authorities grabbed a police dog and leaped off a bridge, taking the animal with him into the cold San Diego Bay 200 feet below.
                (emphasis mine)
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
                X