• *DUPLICATE THREAD*10 Reasons Bad Employees Don’t Get Fired

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/custom/...252750780-R8-4

Some "good" reasons, I suppose...
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Really excellent article, though. A couple more reasons I've run into that kind of play into each other:

1. Bad employee knows how to play the system.
    I worked with a man who was part of a minority. He was a poor employee but every time they tried to do something about him he would fire back with an unrelated but applicable law that prevented them.

2. Ignorance about employment/discrimination laws.
    My mom is working with a woman who has her employer's hands tied with FMLA. She won't do anything about her "condition" such as follow up with medical treatment or even taking her medication and when she has exhausted her days off she suddenly experiences a miraculous recovery and can now make it in to work every day. Several people think that there are loopholes caused by her behavior but H.R. won't even look into it; they just throw up their collective hands and say "FMLA--nothing we can do."
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Quoth flybye023 View Post
      Really excellent article, though.
      Yes, but it's a duplicate of this thread http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=20353

Please do a search before posting links.
      Last edited by Ree; 01-05-2008, 02:16 PM.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
      X