Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haven't read the whole thread but... yeah...

(hmmm... so i guess it means it's ok to give peanuts to someone who has an allergy... just to see what happens right? or least according to the woman who tampered with the employee's drink it's ok)

blood sugar is an important thing to know about if you're working in an eye clinc like the OP was. it's a known fact that diabetes affects your eyesight.

if not the cops, i'd suggest filing a lawsuit against the co-worker. that'd be enough to scare the sugar-dropping-crap out of her.

but..... apparently further into the story - i skipped to the last posts - they're not claiming it was all a lie for attention? dang that's teh suck
    Last edited by PepperElf; 01-20-2008, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Yes, and it's not the first time it's happened. One infamous thread was about a woman whose husband had been cheating on her, and how this other woman had a baby and the baby later died, and the wife didn't know if she should keep her husband away from the other woman. The whole thing turned out to be a hoax. Then there's the "Titanic Bride" story, an overblown tale of an exceptionally greedy bride-to-be, the hapless fiance, and the storyteller, the cousin of the bride-to-be and former flame of the fiance, and the spectacular climax (on board ship, no less!). The latter story has been the source of much amusement on the Ehell site.

Comment

Messing with somebody's health is NOT FUNNY!!! That poor woman could've died from that co-irker's carelessness.
        Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 01-20-2008, 03:43 PM.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
          Oh, do I feel silly.

The whole damn thing was a hoax. One of the other Ehell members shot holes in the story, pointing out the timeline inaccuracies, as well as the contradicting details. The woman who posted the story has not been heard of since.

Well, it's not entirely implausable that something like this COULD happen, or even has happened at some point to somebody. It's just that to me, the OP's story had some rather disturbing holes in it that made me think that either it didn't happen, or at least didn't happen like she said.

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
            the severity of reactions reported by people actually surprised me. That is, I had no idea that just drinking some regular (not diet) soda could hurt a diabetic so much.

<snip>

Just keep in mind that a lot of us who don't have regular exposure to diabetics really can't appreciate how dangerous even a little sugar can be unless we're told.
            I haven't read the other thread, so I don't know how severe the reactions are being claimed to be. But I can say that diabetics' reactions to sugar can be life threatening.

Histamine reactions (true allergies) can be life threatening.

Asthmatic responses to air quality can be life threatening.

Sensitivity responses ('false allergies') can be life threatening. EG: people who get sick if there's the wrong perfume in the air, people who have skin reactions to the wrong dye base or fabric softener. (Non-histamine reactions: histamine reactions are true allergies, and can be treated by antihistamines. Non-histamine reactions are caused by other health problems.)

Some people exaggerate their problems simply for attention, but sometimes a person who is running through the perfume section of a department store with their hands over their face is honestly trying not to get ill.

(I've done it - my husband and I both have non-life-threatening sensitivity responses to perfume, needed something in the department store, and the ONLY entrance to EVERY department store within easy travelling distance of us was through the perfume department. It sucked. We've since moved. We're both vulnerable to a common perfume base used in mass-market perfumes. Oddly, I'm not vulnerable to the type of perfume base most often used by 'boutique' or 'green' shops, and can shop at LUSH. My husband is semi-vulnerable to those: he can't take them in large doses, so he can't shop there, but he's fine with one or two bars of the stuff being in the house.)
            Last edited by Seshat; 01-21-2008, 12:59 AM.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Not only that, but one of the most glaring holes (of many) in her story was that she drank 2/3rd of a LITER or sugared soda, not realizing what she was drinking.

Pardon me, but horseshit.

Sugar is a distinctive sensation on the tongue. We are hardwired down to our DNA to be able to recognize, and crave, sugar. Artificial sweeteners, while one becomes accustomed to them, do not taste the same. If someone gets a mouthful of sugar who is not accustomed to having sugar in their mouth, believe you me they know it immediately. 2/3's of a liter? Hahaha. No. Nice try.

Comment

Working...
              X