X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drama Queen Letter to the Editor

http://www.sj-r.com/Opinion/stories/23818.asp

Second one down.

There may be a legit complaint in the letter, but it gets overshadowed due to her going way over the top.

If you need me to copy/paste the letter, I can.
    Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

My response to that letter would be as follows:

Dearest Darling Miss Thang:

Boo Fucking Hoo.

Sincerely, me.

I can tell the service was probably lousy, but there is no need to imply the hostess is a retard for whom counting up to 4 is a major accomplishment. There is also absolutely no way the letter writer and her family really passed out from dehydration.

She gets no sympathy from me.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

She gets no sympathy from me, either.
      Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

Low prices or top-notch service??? What's it gonna be??? Evidently the majority in America prefer the former.

Comment

as he was unable to even refill our waters before we passed out from dehydration
          What, were they in the freakin desert? Sure it sucks to not get your water refilled, but it'll take more than just that to dehydrate you. I've been dehydrated so I know what it *really* feels like.

Kinda like some of the guys I've worked with.... they love to exaggerate. They turn in some equipment to be worked on & it's been half a week - they'll claim it's been out for one full week, sometimes even two.

Yeah, I'm really sympathetic.

Comment

She was obviously trying to be funny. Instead, she came off as a sarcastic little bitch.

How would she like it if someone critiqued her work in that tone? Here, I'll try it:

"The letter writer's feeble attempts to string together two-syllable words into some form of coherent thought is laughable. Obviously her brain is far too engaged in remembering the words to 1970's sitcom theme songs to enable her to effectively communicate via the written word."

She might have had a legitimate complaint, but if she is half as abrasive in person as she comes across in this letter, I suspect the restaurant staff didn't want Her Highness returning, and adjusted service accordingly.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
            X