X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rescued cat

http://www.pbase.com/douroc2/zoey&page=1

a photo-blog about a cat that was rescued from the road. kitty was in pretty bad shape and the vets didn't know if it'd live.

it reminds me of my x boyfriend... he told me about one of his cats. he literally found the cat on his doorstep and it looked like it'd been in a fight. he brought it to the vets and claimed it as his own...and when the vets had to remove a leg he decided on the cat's name: Tripod.

I have to sum that photoblog up in one word: awwww... That story was so touching.

I was talking with my supervisor the other day and I told her that I don't care if I found a box of kittens abandoned somewhere or a cat just abandoned by the wayside near my house, I would give any cat less fortunate like that a good home in my own house (after quarantine and proper vet visits of course). Hey, if my bf's parent's could take good care of five cats in this small house then I'm sure I could too (they live in a bigger house in the next town over now, bf and I bought their old house). I only have one cat right now and I adopted her from the SPCA as a stray. She was skin and bones and matted like crazy when I first got her. Apparently somebody found her by the side of the road and brought her to the SPCA so somebody could give her a good home. Now, four years later, she's put on weight, she's not matted anymore, and she's definitely the queen of my house (bf and I just happen to live there).
    Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

What a beautiful kitty!

I was a foster kitty parent for SAFE (Save Animals From Euthanasia). I took in 3 kittens who were 5 days old. Some one found them in a field and brought them in to the shelter. I took the three home. I had to feed these guys every 2 to 3 hours with KMR kitten milk. After a week, one of the kittens died. I was so heartbroken, but it is unfortnately common. Luckily, my boss at the c-store let me bring in the kittens at work so I could feed them. These kitties got so much attention!
      I also have two other big cats who I call the big boys. They accepted the kittens fully, I was really surprised! As the kittens gotten older, they started watching the big boys and learned how to groom themselves, use the litter box and other cat behaviour, both good and bad.

I named the male kitten Pork Chop, hence my name here. At first, we called home Porker because he ate like a pig on the bottle. He is a beautiful Flame Point Siamese cross. He has beautiful blue eyes, white fur with orange brushed in. He is very curious, talkative, playful and mischeivous.
      The female we named Tortie. She is a tortishell mixed with tabby, or a torby if you will. She is quiet most of the time. She only talks when she has something to say. Like bitch at me while I am in the shower telling me that the water bowl is empty. Very insistant! She is very sweet and loves to play.

When it came time to give them back to the shelter to be adopted, I couldn't give them up. They knew me before, their eyes were open. They know my smell and they still seek my comfort even today. So I decided to keep them and now, I have four very spoiled rotten kitties. They'll be two years old on March 15.

Tortie is sitting on top of the monitor and Pork Chop is on my lap now. Sweet kitties!

Comment

Working...
      X