X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake CSR steals $17,000 in ipods

http://cbs4.com/local/target.fake.clerk.2.645377.html

A guy dressed up as a Target employee and stole a heap of ipods. Apparently he was so good he helped customers too.

And the ironic part....the Manager gave him a promotion!!

This sounds awfully familiar....

http://www.improveverywhere.com/2006/04/23/best-buy/
    Last edited by Hon'ya-chan; 02-07-2008, 08:04 AM.

Comment

that's the first thing i thought of too
      only the best buy pranksters were jsut doing it to be silly and weren't stealing anything

Comment

The management and LP from that store will be getting an ass-chewing, I'm sure.

Although from what I can tell, passing yourself off as a Target employee is really easy--a red shift and khaki pants. At least my store has the company-issued polo shirt.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Don't they usually keep iPods in a locked case? My local target does.

Comment

My store keeps them in plastic security cases that are opened by an Alpha Key, which is little more than your garden-variety magnet.

Thieves seem to have discovered this-- a couple stores in our district have been having a lot of ipods ganked, with the security cases and/or peghook locks showing no damage or signs of being forced open.

District LP guy who wrote the memo thinks the thieves have an Alpha Key, I think they just have a long magnet. I've got one at home that would open those locks lickety-split.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              District LP guy who wrote the memo thinks the thieves have an Alpha Key, I think they just have a long magnet. I've got one at home that would open those locks lickety-split.
              The local record shop in the mall actually caught a guy with the handheld key for those Sensormatic Cages for DVD's. Turns out he also stole from us as well. The thief claimed that he got the key online.

A few google searches, and I found a ton of sites.

Comment

Working...
              X