X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlucky suitor loses ring

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click...12901&set_id=1

and now his girlfriend won't speak to him.

This is just my opinion, but would you really want to marry someone who refuses to speak to you because you accidentally lost the ring you were going to propose with???
    The report button - not just for decoration

That dude should forget doing a mulligan on proposing to her.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Doing a mulligan?

Comment

Golf term for retaking a shot.

Comment

If she's not speaking to him cause he lost the ring that he was going to propose her with then they have much bigger problems than a lost ring.

Comment

While he maybe should have thought the idea out a bit better....she's flat out not speaking to him for this?? He might want to use this time to rethink things.
            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Sounds to me that the loss of the ring was divine intervention. If it were me and I found out what she was like because of me losing the ring, I'd thank my lucky stars that the cost of the ring was all I lost. It could have been years off my life.
              This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
                While he maybe should have thought the idea out a bit better....she's flat out not speaking to him for this?? He might want to use this time to rethink things.
                Frankly, I think he's better off without her.

As I've heard somewhere before: marriage is easy to get into but hard as Hell to get out of.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Whew...thank goodness it wasn't just me. I read that on a friend's LJ and I was thinking, "What a bitch! It was an accident."

I do know, for some girls, though, it's all about the ring. Pretty damned shallow to start a marriage that way, because, in my opinion, the ring is really just a token.

I think he should reconsider the engagement, because she just showed her true colours, and they aren't very pretty.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

The first thing I thought when I read that article was if it was TTO, first I would say "YES, I'll marry you!"
                    And then we'd get a lucky packet ring as a place holder till we get another one.
                    Plus, if TTO ever spends that much money on a ring, I'll have to hurt him. I don't want a big chunky ring. I like small rings.

Comment

Whoa thats a hell of a way to ask!!! Clever, something she won't ever forget, a story to tell the grandkids.

Oh wait, she doesn't have the wiiiiiiiiiing. WHHHHHHHHHHHAAA. Its called love. A ring shouldnt be a requirment for that. He should get the F out of this relationship if she bitchy over this.
                      Military Spouse Support.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...
                      X