X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Applebee's Worm Scam that FAILED

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Quirks/...orm_scam/9532/

If this stupid woman hadn't forgotten her purse, she probably wouldn't have gotten caught!

FAIL!
    Know why it's called the American "Dream"? 'Cause you have to be asleep to believe it! --George Carlin

BUSTED!!!!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Yeah, I heard it on the radio, got home and ran a search for it online.

You'd think they would have learned something from the Wendy's chili-finger debacle....
      Know why it's called the American "Dream"? 'Cause you have to be asleep to believe it! --George Carlin

Comment

Quoth Alexandra View Post
        Yeah, I heard it on the radio, got home and ran a search for it online.

You'd think they would have learned something from the Wendy's chili-finger debacle....
        Or the Pepsi mouse-in-a-bottle. These things crop up from time to time, and it always makes me feel better when they get caught for being stupid.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
          Or the Pepsi mouse-in-a-bottle. These things crop up from time to time, and it always makes me feel better when they get caught for being stupid.
          Mouse in a bottle? I haven't heard that one. I have a feeling it's not good for the mouse...
          Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

FAILED! I love it when SCs get what they deserve. Although I'd expect the Applebees corporate office to send them free dinner coupons for their inconvenience of being arrested

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
              Mouse in a bottle? I haven't heard that one. I have a feeling it's not good for the mouse...
              Darn it, I can't seem to find reference to it on the net. Google returns my own post though.

Happened a while back. Lady sued because her Pepsi bottle (old glass...this was the 80's, I think) had a drown mouse in it. She was trying to say that it had gotten into the bottle at the plant. Case was thrown out when it was pointed out that it was a non-albino white mouse, which are only bred in captivity for pets, snake food, and lab experiments, and thus do not run around wild. Or something like that. Basically it was proven that it was highly unlikly that a mouse could get into the bottle, much less a white one, and the lady admitted to trying to scam the company.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                Darn it, I can't seem to find reference to it on the net. Google returns my own post though.
                While your post is, indeed, the first one returned by Google, the second one for PEPSI MOUSE SCAM is this one, from the FDA.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I thought it there were syringes being put into soda cans a while back?

It is great to see people doin g this caught.
                  Quote Dalesys:
                  ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
                  X