This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this sign REALLY offensive?

university LBGT activists in Ann Arbor say yes.

My response:

I don't see it as being offensive. There's worse out there,but that's on Fratching.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Don't these people have better things to worry about? Like their grades or something?
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

It's only offensive to those who have their minds in the gutter.
        Like me
        But I don't find it offensive - it's not often you find a place that can satisfy two apetites
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Some people get offended way too easily...
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I could see certain groups being offended. Ones heavy into censorship usually. But the LBGT community? They're the last ones I would have thought.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

On the one hand I'm surprised that it's the LBGT community of all things that are offended, on the other hand it's Ann Arbor. The town is very left and this doesn't surprise me at all. AA is pretty cool though but half the people there are offended quite easily at times. And that's not counting saying Michigan State is better the U-M.
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                And that's not counting saying Michigan State is better the U-M.
                Don't let my wife catch you saying that...her and her family are hardcore State fans.

Comment

I don't see a problem with it. It's not like the poster girl's nude, is it?
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Some people need to get a grip & just deal.

Comment

It's an ugly logo and I don't really see what a rodeo has to do with a hamburgers and hot dogs, but I also don't see how it's a LGBT issue.
                      Last edited by Anriana; 03-23-2008, 08:55 AM.

Comment

I don't think it's all that offensive, but then, I'm probably one of the minority who wouldn't be bothered by it in this town. "Quickie Burger" would have lasted all of three hours in Berkeley before a group of angry protesters burned it down.
                        "If life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?" - Gerard Way

Comment

This just in - the people who think that sign is offensive have filed an injunction against a local man to stop him whistling dirty songs.

Comment

Geez, if they're that offended by the sign, go to the Cottage Inn and grab a pizza instead.

Comment

as a member of the GLBT community...I have to say..... HUH? how the hell does this insult you? Wow... sensitive much?
                              "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
                              X