Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hagglers Find No Price Is Set in Stone (DUPLICATE)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagglers Find No Price Is Set in Stone (DUPLICATE)

For the last three days, one of the top ten most popular articles at a major newspaper website has the above title. I happenedd to find a copy of the article in my e-mail at work, since it got picked up by one of my mail bots.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/23/bu...prod=permalink

Anyway, it doesn't help us that the NY Times publishes an article that basically tells people that they can be rewarded for lying,

"While Mr. Roskell expresses interest in buying an item, his friend acts as though he is dissatisfied with the price and threatens to leave." and

"He told the salesperson that he had seen a similar pair on the Internet for $65, adding that he thought the pair on the rack looked worn (even though he did not really think so)."

Later the article advocates other smarmy practices such as a favorite of all of ours:

“If you get denied once, go looking for someone else who looks nice,”

I am so glad that I don't work at any of the retailers listed in the article, because I bet this isn't a fun week to be there.

I would hate to have to try and haggle with customers. We have some that think that CD rates are flexible, and yes, when rates were in the teens in the 70s and 80s, there was some space in the spread - but no more.
Working...
X