Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't we get cool commercials like this in America?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't we get cool commercials like this in America?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO1rYr4BXAI

Black metal KFC commercial.
    The only lyrics I've been able to make out so far are "Goats on fire, Santa is a liar".
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Wait, where the hell do they have fries at KFC?
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

They...don't have fries at your KFC? Really? This is right up there with learning that you don't have fries at your Taco Bells. Geez.

As an aside, that's a rockin' commercial!
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Ok, that commercial is a riot!

... however, the comments section is what you get when you've got an unmoderated forum. What a bunch of twaddle.

ETA

The fact that some black metal fan with "vampire" as part of his name is crying about how chickens have souls strikes me as incredibly funny, since the origins of black metal have to do with some serious bigotry that goes so far as to burn churches and murder clergymen.

^-.-^
        Last edited by Andara Bledin; 03-29-2008, 10:47 PM.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

WTF is up with that bright green salad? I hope it's just a problem with my monitor or the YouTube compression algorithm.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            Ok, that commercial is a riot!

... however, the comments section is what you get when you've got an unmoderated forum. What a bunch of twaddle.

ETA

The fact that some black metal fan with "vampire" as part of his name is crying about how chickens have souls strikes me as incredibly funny, since the origins of black metal have to do with some serious bigotry that goes so far as to burn churches and murder clergymen.

^-.-^
            I've never heard of black metallers murdering clergymen.
            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Black metal, in it's infancy, was started partly as a statement against the Churchrun state of Norway. In that way, it's somewhat like punk rock.

I don't actually know a whole lot about it myself, but I watched a documentary about metal as a whole genre by someone who is a major metal fan and also getting his degree in anthropology. One part included a brief history of black metal and some of the forces that were involved in its infancy. I do know that there have been more than one murder committed in the name of black metal, but I think there was only one incident that specifically involved clergy, although in general, it is the church that was being rebelled against.

I found an excellent blog comment by Manheim of Mayhem posted in November of 2006 regarding the state of religion and freedom in Norway and his feelings regarding it all.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

KFC has potato wedges which are their fries.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                  KFC has potato wedges which are their fries.
                  No, our KFCs have actual fries. They also have what just might be (when room temp) the best gravy ever produced commercially.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I've eaten at a couple of KFC's here in America that have fries. They're rare, but existent, unlike the Taco Bell's with fries, which I've never seen.
                    Stop driving me insane, I'm already within walking distance!

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                      WTF is up with that bright green salad? I hope it's just a problem with my monitor or the YouTube compression algorithm.
                      It was bright green on my screen, too. Maybe a Halloween thing? I'll say the same thing I posted on there, though:

That is wicked funny.
                      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
                      X