This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost "Cat"

I can kind of understand the mistake if you're a foreign exchange student and have never seen nor heard of this species....

http://www.nettrafficchat.com/showthread.php?t=3923
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Oops... *snerks* Poor guy. I hope someone calls and lets him know that, that cute little guy is NOT a cat.

Comment

That's hilarious!
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Was that a chinchilla?

Comment

Quoth Listerfiend View Post
          Was that a chinchilla?
          I'm not certain, but that looks like a Common Brushtail Possum.

Then again, I've never been to Australia, so don't take my word for it...
          Last edited by XCashier; 03-30-2008, 10:07 PM. Reason: wrong animal
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'd have to say, that does indeed look like a brushtail possum. The page on them even notes that they are commonly seen in cities. The facial markings and tail match those in the found poster.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've actually seen this exact same poster online, but with a possum instead
              "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                I'm not certain, but that looks like a Common Brushtail Possum.

Then again, I've never been to Australia, so don't take my word for it...
                It is indeed. Looks just like the one that bit me a few years ago.

Comment

I dunno, man, one morning my sister heard her Finnish husband out by the trash cans going "here, kitty kitty."

Evidently, they dont' have skunks in Finland.

Comment

No wonder it wasn't "house broken"..

I'm from Finland and never seen a skunk live but I have a pretty good idea what they look like.. Not very "catty" for me. I hope your sisters husband didn't learn the difference the hard way?

Comment

No, he didn't. My sister got him out of there before any harm was done. Really, though, you're right, cats do not look like skunks. Maybe he only saw part of it. Or maybe it was that species of skunk that has spots instead of stripes, I dunno, I wasnt there.

She and he were hiking in the swamp down here and she heard him behind her going "Oh. Hairy." And she turned around just in time to see him reaching for a huge, reddish, hairy vine.

They dont' have Poison Ivy in Finland, either.

Or fire ants.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                        No, he didn't. My sister got him out of there before any harm was done. Really, though, you're right, cats do not look like skunks. Maybe he only saw part of it. Or maybe it was that species of skunk that has spots instead of stripes, I dunno, I wasnt there.

She and he were hiking in the swamp down here and she heard him behind her going "Oh. Hairy." And she turned around just in time to see him reaching for a huge, reddish, hairy vine.

They dont' have Poison Ivy in Finland, either.

Or fire ants.

She should just tell him "Look, just don't touch any new plants or animals without asking me first!"
                        Testing
                        "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Working...
                        X