X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As if I NEEDED a reason to boycot Wal-Mart

Greed run amuck.

Wal-Mart sued a disabled woman to recoup insurance payments because she recovered money to help pay for her life-time medical care. Sure, Wal-Mart may have a legal right to the money, but it is the principle that I have to question. Does Wal-Mart REALLY need the money that badly with its multi-billion dollar profits this year?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...art.update.cnn
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

The money the woman received was from a third party, but jesus that's greedy of Wal-Mart to want the money.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Wally World sucks. It has since Sam Walton died and his greedy kids took over. It wasn't great before then ... but, it's gotten so much worse.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Before everyone jumps on the boycott walmart band read this.

http://consumerist.com/372024/walmar...ker-for-469216

It's the consumerist article on this situation. (Read the comments.) It seems that this lady got a shady lawyer.

Comment

It appears (from limited information) that the lady's lawyer is a schmuck.

While she was paid for medical expenses by the insurance she had with Walmart, the lawyer should have been seeking other damages and future medical expenses, not those already paid by Walmart.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Agreed she had a crappy lawyer who should have sued for future not present medical bills.

Comment

Working...
            X