This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Mint new coins!!

Hey Brits!! Just before Xmas I'd heard that the Royal Miint were changing the designs of British coinage - and I was worried, but yesterday came the news of what they look like - and WOW they're amazing!!

Lookylook!!
    http://www.royalmint.com/newdesigns/...sRevealed.aspx

Lovelovelovelovelove. WANT.

Okay now I've finished coin-collecting-nerdgasming, what do you think? Are you pissed that ol' Britannia's gone into retirement? Or can you not wait to play with the shields on the coins?
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Numismatists (sp?) rejoice!

My they do look good though.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Those look nice. I try to buy a US silver proof set each year, I'm considering getting one of those but I bet the cheap ones would cost me oer $100 w/ exchange rates and shipping.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I plan on getting a base metal set, with just the leaflet and no funky boxes and such. That's £9.95, about $20? And if this can fit in a large letter surely the shipping shouldn't be that much...

Comment

Wow! These are georgeous!

How come we can't have cool money like this? Dead guy heads and buildings. Borrrrrr-ing.

The Sacajawea dollar is nice, though, it's a beautiful coin. And they're at least trying with the State quarters, that's pretty cool.

Comment

The second coolest coins I ever saw, behind these (<3) and before Aussie money was the Maltese coins - made of aluminium and FLOWER SHAPED!!!! I'm SO glad that the new designs are so awesome...don't know how many of my peers think the same way though...

Comment

Ooooh.... those are awesome.

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              The Sacajawea dollar is nice, though, it's a beautiful coin. And they're at least trying with the State quarters, that's pretty cool.
              Yeah, it's a great design, but the quality of the plating is really pathetic. They stay shiny until they hit circulation, then they turn brown and the gold starts wearing off. They did much better with the newer gold colored dollars. They stay nice and shiny.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yeah but all of our coins are boring round.

I used to collect foreign coins (I have several from countries that don't exist anymore) and I've seen gear shaped, rounded square, ones w/ holes in the middle, an Italian coin with two metals (silver-colored ring around a gold colored coin).

Even my old Chinese coins are cooler.
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  Yeah but all of our coins are boring round.

I used to collect foreign coins (I have several from countries that don't exist anymore) and I've seen gear shaped, rounded square, ones w/ holes in the middle, an Italian coin with two metals (silver-colored ring around a gold colored coin).

Even my old Chinese coins are cooler.
                  Is that the one with the Braille at the top? The *rifles through collection* L.500? IOf so, I've probably got the same...

Comment

Yep, that one. I'd take a picture but the coin is roughly 1300 miles away at my parents' house.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Wow, those coins look great! I want some!

To bad I don't know anyone in England anymore!
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                      X