X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart pwned by video company

http://consumerist.com/378219/30-yea...ideos-for-sale

Somebody at WM did not think that one through.

Oh, I really want to see those tapes. Those bastards deserve to go down.

Olive juice you too.

Comment

I would LOVE to see those tapes. There's gotta be a lot of goodies on the tapes that'll knock Wally World down!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm fascinated by the lawsuit involved. He's twelve and lighting fires with petrol. How the Hades do they expect to win that one? It's pure Darwinasation in action.

Rapscallion

Comment

What is this "petrol" you speak of?

But seriously, yeah, I don't know what business a 12 year old has using gasoline in such a fashion. Regardless, that library is a gold mine for anyone with a beef with WallyWorld. It probably won't bring them down, but it may force them to change the way they do things, namely, not videotaping potentially sensitive internal meetings.

Comment

cue The Price is Right loser horns...

Bomp bomp ba bomp BWAAAAaaaammmmpppp....
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

From the article:

"The video company says it offered to sell the tapes to Walmart for several million dollars, but the retailer would pay only $500,000, saying that the 'footage wouldn't be of interest elsewhere.' "

So not only did they not secure rights to these tapes before the fact, they declined the offer to do so afterwards.

I can't wait for those tapes to come out.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                From the article:

"The video company says it offered to sell the tapes to Walmart for several million dollars, but the retailer would pay only $500,000, saying that the 'footage wouldn't be of interest elsewhere.' "
                I don't know about in other parts of the world, but here in the rural American South, we call that "ignant." (AKA "ignorant")
                "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Complacent much? There are scores of people who'd love nothing more than to take Wally World down.

Those videos will get one way or another. Either somebody will pony up the money to see them or they'll get leaked.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

This will go into the list along with the IBM executives who decided "there wouldn't be a market for more than a handful of personal computers" or "we don't need to buy rights to this so-called "MS-DOS" - there's no money in software."
                    Testing
                    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Quoth BrassCowboy View Post
                      Oh, I really want to see those tapes. Those bastards deserve to go down.
                      I really don't understand the logic of statements like this. Are you going to hire all the people that would then be out of work if walmart collapsed as a company? Think about the volume of people that WalMart employs, regardless of how you feel about the company itself. Especially the volume of disabled and retired people whose income was increased because WalMart had a place for them where very few other places could. Think about the resources that would be drained if all of WalMart's employees, or even just half of them, filed for umemployment, not to mention the low availablility of jobs for them to fill.

On my cruise, we stopped in Ensenada. We went on a tour to LaBufadora. On the way, the tour guide (native Mexican) made a joke that WalMart and Costco are right across the street from each other, which we were passing. Someone later asked how he and other residents felt about the stores moving in. You know what he said? He said they were a Godsend because they not only created jobs, but now people can get more food and supplies for their money, and live better. He said he didn't understand how so many people think the companies are evil.

Don't like them, don't shop there, and that's your choice. But don't involve people's livelihood by wishing that their employer would go out of business.
                      "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

This is veering ominously towards you-know-where territory. Anyone wishing to discuss the business politics of large corporations and/or the economic structure of North America, please go to Fratching. Thanks.
                        Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

*snicker*

I can't believe that they didn't have the contract written in such a way that they retained the rights to all recordings. Their lawyers fell down on the job, hardcore!

And then, to not pony up the "several million" to secure the tapes before the general public got a crack at viewing them? Who the hell is in charge over there?

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Can anyone tell me why this reminds me of Paris Hilton vs ParisExposed.com. And if I remember correctly Paris Hilton won in court even though the owners of the website had bought her items (on sale at auction due to nonpayment of storage fees) legally.

They are holding the videos (which since Walmart has chose to sign off on.) They can't be that important to the company or they would have paid the ransom.
                            Last edited by Titi; 04-13-2008, 02:38 AM.

Comment

I would love to see Walmart go out of business. But atlas, they never will.
                              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                              X