X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond Shreddies

When I first saw this marketing campaign about a year ago, I did a
    I couldn't believe they were serious, or that people would actually fall for it.

Apparently, the campaign is actually working for them.

An interesting look into human nature.

http://www.diamondshreddies.ca/videos.php
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Sadly, it's not an original idea. Many years ago, when one tea company came out with round teabags, another company started advertising their "new" diamond-shaped teabags. So long ago that I forget which companies were involved.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Diamond Shreddies.... doesn't seem all that original to me.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

This is one of the funniest ad campaigns I've seen in a long time. Of course they aren't serious, and I don't think they expect people to fall for it. They just want to give everyone a good laugh.

I especially like the TV commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZeAwpPqnJU

Really clever. Makes fun of upper management, too.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

But the funny part is, people are buying into it.
          (I posted about it here, didn't I?)

People are blogging about it and it's being discussed all over and has been hailed as one of the most intelligent marketing ploys of the year.

Those test marketing videos are real. Only the guy presenting the test is an actor.
          In a couple of places, despite it being exactly the same cereal, the test subjects claim to find a taste difference and find the diamond shape to be more exciting and more attractive to the consumer.

I especially like the one where the guy running the test 'accidentally' mixes up the two trays and asks the guy to help him put them back on the correct trays.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
            Those test marketing videos are real. Only the guy presenting the test is an actor.

No. It can't be.

Oh geez.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Amazing ...

Personally, I prefer this marketing campaign: http://www.willitblend.com
              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I loved it so much, I changed my user title.
                "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

I have to say, it is a brilliant ad campaign.

At the very least, it makes people remember them for being funny as opposed to just annoying.

And when you go buy the cereal, you can think about how much smarter you are than the people who were in the test market commercials.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ah, the old "make people think they're smart" campaign strategy. It's tried and true, I mean think Ditech's "people are smart" slogan, or, well, [political statement omitted for sake of the thread].

Also, I think Diamond Shreddies are somewhere between a Komodo dragon and possibly a small manatee. I dunno about kangaroo, that seems a bit too bouncy for Diamond Shreddies... However, Gawdzillers, you're definitely kangaroo or better, so your user title is cool.

As for colors? Well, if we're working with the rainbow I'd say somewhere around a greeny-bluey type color. Like a 050 200 150 type color.

Brilliant ads though. Those are totally 128 000 128.
                    "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Working...
                    X