X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office Bullies

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,7078982.story

I'm sure most posters can relate to this article. There are some comments that could have come out of CS.

WOW ... bosses hitting employees and locking them in conference rooms?

Man, I'd stay working there just to sabotage the place.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Anyone who locks me in a room, will rapidly discover that the walls are not as solid as they think. Assuming I don't simply remove the door from the frame (hinge removal beforehand optional) with a great deal of force. Very few non-industrial structures are designed to be any kind of obstacle to physical force beyond the every day wear and tear of people collapsing against the walls in exhaustion.

Comment

Wow...employees who are yelled at, belittled, locked in conference rooms, and sworn at have less job satisfaction and job commitment than other employees. This information will revolutionize the industry.

While the article is a good one, I find its need to state the obvious a pathetic reflection on society.
        "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I've heard of yelling,threats of demotion and demeaning as means of bullying, but LOCKING somebody in a conference room and hitting an employee?!! Holy shit.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Sylvia727 View Post
            Wow...employees who are yelled at, belittled, locked in conference rooms, and sworn at have less job satisfaction and job commitment than other employees. This information will revolutionize the industry.

While the article is a good one, I find its need to state the obvious a pathetic reflection on society.
            I believe the comparison was to employees who had been facing sexual harassment.
            The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Right it was compared to sexual harrassment but think baout that. Look hard enough you likely will find apaper sayign those who sexually harassed don't like their jobs as much as i have to say to "No sherlock!"

Comment

A manager that locks me in a conference room will find a note outside said room. On it reads:

Locking me in here until I conform is a very bad idea, as I have a very short temper and a lot of heavy objects. If I were you, I would avoid coming near me until the lawsuit, as I am in fear for my life and will act accordingly.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                X