X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the world

Discovery channel advert

I love this commercial and the song is really catchy too. There's a thirty second version of the commercial somewhere on youtube.

Also, it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling, too.

I love the Mythbusters spot there. Adam finally gets revenge on the white shirt!

And it's so fitting for them too.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Mmmmm...Mike Rowe loves dirty things. My mind went straight to the gutter on that one.
      He is just so delicious. I love a sexy guy with a great sense of humor.

Comment

The guy with the camera just strikes me as cute/hot, don't know why, just attractive to me, wish they showed more of him
        I find myself watching that over and over, its touching.
        "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Oh yes, I adore this advert. <3
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
            Mmmmm...Mike Rowe loves dirty things. My mind went straight to the gutter on that one.
            Well, Mike's already there, so at least your mind is in the right spot.
            I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

I love that they included the greatest physicist of our generation.

Well, I love the Mike Rowe part, too, but . . .

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post
                I find myself watching that over and over, its touching.
                Same here - it gives me the happy goosebumps (corny, I know, but true). It's sort of like those old Coca-Cola commercials ("I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing") in that it appeals to the best in our nature...well, the nature of us geeks who watch Discovery all the time, at least!
                Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Funny story time: While I was out for my evening walk, I noticed a trailer for a local construction firm: Mike Howe Builders.

At first I read it as "Mike Rowe Builders".

Which got me thinking "the guy from Dirty Jobs is branching out into home construction?"
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I love how when Adam lights the shirt on fire, he just looks at it like "oh, my shirt is on fire"

Comment

My fiance LOVES the commercial...the bit where Adam's shirt is on fire was awesome!
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                        My fiance LOVES the commercial...the bit where Adam's shirt is on fire was awesome!
                        It's Jamie's shirt. Adam is the one that lit it.

Details people! DETAILS!
                        I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

Working...
                        X