This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charity auction

Thank you Raps for your permission to post this here!

<begin blatant advertising>

I am an admin on a Torvill and Dean fan forum - yep, that Torvill and Dean who won the Ice Dance at the 1984 Olympics skating to "Bolero".

At the moment in the UK they are on tour with their TV show Dancing On Ice (where they train celebrities to perform as skaters), and as fans, it is customary for us to take along gifts and flowers for them to say thank you for the tour. This year however we have decided that it would be more fitting to instead make a donation to one of the charities they support. We have been making our donations to our Just Giving site.

We have chosen Demelza House Hospice Care For Children, a charity which Torvill and Dean have supported for many years. Our initial aim was to raise around £500 but as you can see from the Just Giving site, we have topped £1000 (including Gift Aid)!

To help raise more money, we are currently holding a charity auction on ebay. We have 42 lots on sale at the moment, with more to be added. Whilst it may not be of any interest to you personally, maybe you know someone who might be interested? Or even just taking a look would be great.

You can also check out this thread on my forum, tndtalk, or alternatively you can search for our items on ebay. My username on ebay is lindawinterbottom

Thanks so much for reading!

Quoth Linda View Post
    Thank you Raps for your permission to post this here!
    Not a problem - certainly looks to be a good cause.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
    X