Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The closest I'll ever get to a religious experience...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The closest I'll ever get to a religious experience...

I almost feel the need to make hundreds, thousands, maybe even millions of copies of this article and put them in every mailbox, under every windshield wiper, and where ever else I can think of!

http://positivesharing.com/2006/07/w...tomer-service/
    ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

"A-men to that!"

I love that article. It's so true!
    "You're not gone five minutes, Agent Scully, and I'm already starting to feel like a stranger in my own office-"
    -Agent Doggett

Comment

I absolutely love number 4.

Comment

If I had "one" - it would have moved.
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I always did like good ol' Herb. No nonsense, just good sense.

Great article! I agree, we should put one of those in every mailbox in America, at least!
          "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

The problem with the 'customer is always right' is that it's a catch phrase that unruly customer can grab onto and repeat ad nauseam till some spineless manager caves in. So to defeat such an often repeated, destructive saying, fight fire with fire and try this reply:

SC: "Do what I say because the customer is always right!"
            You: "Yeah but Time is Money. And since you're wasting our time, you're costing us money. And guess what, we're through losing money on you. Goodbye.

You gotta fight a catch phrase, with another catch phrase

If you like this kind of word play, check out a philosophy class called "critical thinking" at your local university or college. This course teaches you how to make this sort of argument.
            Last edited by allniter; 05-05-2008, 03:21 PM.
            Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

i think howard schultz needs to read this one and take it seriously.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

"The Customer that has to say 'The Customer is always right" is generally incorrect."

Comment

Wow...this was like a religious experience!

That's why I generally liked my job at <mobile phone company>. They consistently backed up their employees (so long as the employees were being reasonable). I remember our District Manager there canceling one guy's account because of vague verbal threats he made to employees. She simply said to him, "We are in the process of canceling your account. We will no longer be needing you as a customer."

Comment

Oh yeah, and we should send one of these to "Dear Abby."

Comment

If I could do and get away with it, I'd simply say "That's not our motto"
                      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Hello, Herb, can I worship you now?! WOW! What an Article!
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Herb, !!!! This article is so true and MUST be passed on to every business, big or small!!!
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

It's about time that the phrase "The customer is always right" be put to rest. Thank you for the article.
                            Op.125

Comment

Working...
                            X