This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Ring Lost

A man's wife dies; wedding rings go missing.

CNN. come video

This caught my eye because the same thing happened to my uncle. My aunt at 28 years of age was diagnosed with a brain tumor. She was supposed to go to a hospital 200 miles away for a CAT scan. She and my uncle decided to drive down for a little together time; however, on the trip down she slipped into a coma and died some hours after arriving at the hospital. Once the commotion had died down, my uncle requested her personal belonging back. It took some time but the hospital finally found them, minus the rings. The hospital denied all knowledge but my uncle had proof that she was wearing the rings when she entered. I think they ended up giving him some money but it's just not the same.
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

One of the reasons why when one goes into surgery the nurses will ask if they want their rings taped. Mom always said yes and once when she came out the tap was cut and then re wrapped. Wouldn't have even known except I took off the tape in her room. We asked to see the video of the procedure (was at a learning hospital) and it turned out the tape was too tight on her finger, almost makes me glad that she doesn't wear any rings anymore.

Comment

I hope that widower gets his wife's wedding ring back.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
      X