This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Blog Got A Mention In An Article

I just found out that one of my blog entries was actually quoted in an article. It's not a huge thing but it's pretty cool to see. It's in the last paragraph in the article if anyone is interested.

http://www.theweekdaily.com/arts_lei...jane_eyre.html
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Wow, congrats.

Did the article writer ask for your permission to quote you, though?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Who will play Mr. Rochester?
      Testing
      "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Quoth Caveat Emptor View Post
        Sexy Mister Rochester.

Fixed it for you.
        "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth Caveat Emptor View Post

You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

No, Gary Busey will be playing the lunatic wife in the attic!

"Sexy?" I don't go that way!
            Testing
            "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              Wow, congrats.

Did the article writer ask for your permission to quote you, though?

I don't think that since it's a public blog, they don't need permission. All they need to do is link back to the original site. I could be wrong though.
              My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

You own the copyright of your words. However, since you're blogging not for profit (I assume), it would be hard to claim damages, since you wouldn't have made money from it anyway, and there is the fair use provision so someone can use a small 'reasonable' chunk.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  You own the copyright of your words. However, since you're blogging not for profit (I assume), it would be hard to claim damages, since you wouldn't have made money from it anyway, and there is the fair use provision so someone can use a small 'reasonable' chunk.

Rapscallion
                  Nope definitely not for profit but for fun. That's why it was awesome to find that article. Thanks for clearing that up for me though
                  My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Working...
                  X