This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My recovery story

I worked in conjunction with the partnership for a drugfree america for this website they created for recovery stories....

This is a link to my story...

http://www.drugfree.org/LifeAfter/st...5-e57b1a27728f
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Wow. Seriously that's about all I can say! To say what you've gone through and come back from is amazing would be an understatement. Thanks for sharing!
    Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

Thank you!
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Wow. You're an amazing person FOJK. I take my hat off to you.
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

My husband will celebrate 20 years of clean time tomarrow from alchol and cocaine.

Comment

You're pretty hot.
            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
              My husband will celebrate 20 years of clean time tomarrow from alchol and cocaine.
              That's flippin' awesome! 20 years is still one of those increments of clean time that I can't fathom yet. I mean, if you would've told me that some day I'd make it past 90 days (I'm over three years now) I would've laughed. Your husband is an inspiration!

Gawdzillars - you're making me blush!

Comment

Right now he is in a nursing/rehabilitation home. He has had a couple of strokes and had battled MRSA. When his PT found out that tomarrow was his 20th aniversary of clean time she got together with everyone who is working with him and has put together a suprise party for him.

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                  You're pretty hot.
                  LOL I was gonna say that but since I'm almost a married gal, figured I'd behave.

Right now he is in a nursing/rehabilitation home. He has had a couple of strokes and had battled MRSA. When his PT found out that tomarrow was his 20th aniversary of clean time she got together with everyone who is working with him and has put together a suprise party for him.
                  I do hate to double post but this does make it worth it. The fact he has 20 years under his belt is amazing to me. I have my own demons and the idea of 20 years just has me awestruck. Please please please send my appreciation to him and know I'm sending hugs to you okies? That and the fact that someone who doesn't know you all from adam is doing something so special for you all? The gal should get a special place in Heaven (or where ever you believe). That is just awesome!!!
                  Last edited by Broomjockey; 05-18-2008, 08:48 PM. Reason: Multi quote
                  Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

FOJK and FCCR's Hubby are the epitome of inspiration and determination!
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

That's awesome! I still think that 20 years is just awesome. There are a few people in the rooms who have 20+ years and, like I said, its just amazing! I tease them, I ask them if they shot up on horse back! Sorry, in my opinion, if you can't laugh at this addiction thing, you won't make it.

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                      FOJK and FCCR's Hubby are the epitome of inspiration and determination!
                      Thank you!
                      Last edited by Broomjockey; 05-18-2008, 08:48 PM. Reason: multi-quote

Comment

Working...
                      X