Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daughter doesn't get GED, Dad goes to jail.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter doesn't get GED, Dad goes to jail.

Pretty much what the thread says. Since the daughter didn't get her GED after a judge ruled her father to help her, the judge sentences the dad to 6 months of jail.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story...1-9859f1f6137e
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Wow

Just
    WOw

The daughter seems to have her head on straight though

The daughter, Brittany Gegner, says her father shouldn't be punished for her problems.

Especially, she says because she's now 18, an adult.

"It's ridiculously wrong," said Brittany Gegner.
    I particularly like this one

"I'm about to be 19 and my Dad's being punished for something I did when I was 16," she said.

"It's like I should, if anybody should be punished for this," said Brittany. "I would way rather me go to jail than my Dad."
    I mean, seriously....that's a bit of a waste of the judicial system.
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Well, I know I'll sleep better at night knowing this dangerous menace to society is off the street.

Guess what? I can't pass a math test either. Guess what else? I apparently can't be taught that subject. Are you telling me they locked a man up because his daughter is crappy in a subject?

Not that it really matters, because there's so many effed up things about this story that I dont' even know where to start, but sometimes math can't be taught. Same as sometimes other things can't be taught. Now they are putting people in jail because their kid's brain is wired a certain way?

Good lord, my old man better go into hiding. My grandmother, too. And maybe the tutor my mom paid for to try to teach me algebra, too. Holy CRAP.

The girl is 19 years old, are we just locking up random people for arbitrary reasons, now?

Comment

I am also not great in math. I guess my teachers and family, better all go into hiding. is wrong with that judge?
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I agree. Massive case of misprioritization ( is that even a word? ) in the criminal justice system.

There are murderers, rapists, drug dealers, robbers and all other sorts of criminals out there, and we're sending a guy to jail because his daughter can't pass a math test?
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I like how they ignore who was actually taking care of the daughter and go after the person who had legal custody.

*shakes head*

I'm really glad to see they've got this menace whose daughter can't pass the math test off the streets. /sarcasm

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Given that article.... I hope that if the father loses his job (hopefully his employeers realize it's a stupid reason - and he wasn't to blame [more or less] so he doesn't) -- that he can sue the city/county and his employeer for lost wages for the rest of his working life and win. Of course that's assuming the article is the whole story.

Daughter lived with mother.... daughter skipped school... father ordered to do things... didn't happen so he goes to jail. And on top of it all - she's actually attending school.

Comment

Well, that's a nice little -a-thon™ to read before work.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Guys sitting in Jail:

Guy1: What're you in for?
                  Guy2: I robbed a store and shot someone. You?
                  Guy1: I stole a car and ran over some people trying to get away. * Turns to father* And you?
                  Father: My daughter failed a test.
                  *Guys 1 and 2 scoot away from this insidious monster*
                  Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Sorry, this topic's more suited to Fratching. Feel free to take it up over there. Thank you.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                    X