X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Coupon Customer?

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_...storyid=115698

What do you guys think? Likely SC, or smart shopper?
    My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

It sounds like she is polite . . .uses please and Thank yous
    As long as she is respectful to the clerk . . .and if necessary warns the people who chose to get in line behind her that she has several cupons to use . . .or goes at slower times in the store . . .I would just call her a smart shopper.

Comment

It doesn't really say how she would react to being told no but really she's following the rules on the coupons and so long as she's not asking someone to break or bend the rules for her, it sounds like she's just being a smart shopper.
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

I've never had a problem with coupons. I've had lots of annoyalnces with other people, but coupons no. Its as good as money to me, and anyone can get it.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

She does sound pretty polite about it, as long as she takes it well if they refuse a coupon for a good reason. I'd say she wouldn't be a SC, but probably a pain in the ass if she's doing five transactions at once.

But, all things considered, I'd rather have to ring her up five times than be yelled at.
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I just saw the story on Constumerist. Honestly, I'm with the crowd that thinks she's a pain in the ass shopper rather than a thirty one. I don't think she's a SC though.

As a cashier, having to do multiple individual transactions (i.e. more than 2) is irritating, because it holds the line up. Also in places that track how many items were scanned and customers were rang up, that would hurt those cashiers' numbers in those areas. It would be interesting to know how she pays for her orders - cash, credit/debit, or checks. If it is checks, I'm sure the cashiers just love her. In all seriousness, I'm sure it takes the poor cashier at least 10 minutes to ring her orders up. I hope she doesn't go in at peak times because the people in line must get annoyed being stuck behind her.

From the customer perspective, the waiting behind her would get annoying. You have to have some patience when grocery shopping, but everyone has their limit.

Comment

Wow...

With the price of gasoline and grocerys going up in my area, I could learn (and save) quite a bit from this lady. I wonder if I can do that too?

I use coupon.com every other week (that's about how often I plan out my grocery shopping days). I'm sure going to try this.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

As a cashier, having to do multiple individual transactions (i.e. more than 2) is irritating, because it holds the line up
                Well the multiple transaction example was CVS. Granted they can get long lines there, but it's also possible to go when it's a quiet day too. and for checks... ? She paid less than 4 bucks in total, so I doubt she was using a check, maybe a check card.

However, it sounds like she's polite. I know it can be annoying to do more than one transaction for a single person, but I can't blame her for doing it either. Should the checkout people really demand she pays $140 instead of $4, just because it might be inconvenient for them? besides it also sounds like she has everything set up ahead of time anyway, clearly showing what items are for which transaction.

in my opinion, she's a thrifty shopper using her brains to make a paycheck feed 5 people.

Comment

Thrifty, nice and decent. I don't think she's an SC at all and I'm sure she tries to plan her shopping around dead times and possibly might wait for a dead time if she goes in and it's busy. I know the past several times I've been in CVS, I was it. The only person...kinda wish I knew her secret earlier.

Comment

i don't mind when people have alot of seperate of transactions, unless there is a long line.

i had a customer last weeked, who had about...10 seperate transactions. they way she did it, she didn't pay a single cent. she used coupons, and the gift cards walgreens sends you when do the rebates.

it really doesn't bother me, cause the company looks at how many customers we have, and it looked like i had ten customers, when it was one.

Comment

Actually her best trip ever was at a Target. Her bill was over $380.00. She paid, get this, two cents. TWO CENTS!!!
                      How the f*** did she do that? I must know, I love Target.
                      "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

It's really not that hard to shop thrifty. And if you dont wanna look like a jerk being a coupon hog you can get a gallon of milk at CVS with a membership card for $2.89. Also, find the meat that's close to the expiration date to get it half off. Get a membership at Sam's Club. When you buy their OTC medicine in bulk you'll find it it's almost free!

There's other ways to save. Got a virus on your computer you can't get rid of? Go to www.bleepingcomputer.com for FREE steps to get rid of it. Save over a hundred bucks that way. I'll list some other ways I save later but I got a cookout to go right now......
                        Last edited by ditchdj; 05-25-2008, 05:47 PM.

Comment

I'm still looking for coupons for soy milk. *sighs* Haven't seen many around here and thats sad because that med to make it so one can have milk makes me sick to my stomach.

Comment

Working...
                          X